Chapter 35: Lee's Conclusion!

(Rock Lee VS Gaara by kennystarkm933 on Deviant Art) I love it!!! 😍

Lee's speed went from mediocre fast to vanish from sight fast. I had to activate my Sharingan again to keep up with him. He began to zip past his sand defense as his fist was close to punching Gaara's face. He zips through the air above him and lands a kick on the back of his head. Everyone gasps in shock, especially the sand squad.

Guy cheers, "YES, LEE! LET THE POWER OF YOUTH EXPLODE!"

Lee's eyes fire up, "RIGHT!" Lee connects his fist into Gaara's cheek sending him flying a good distance. Everyone couldn't tear their eyes away from the fight as it intensified. Gaara stands and sand was crumbling off his face to reveal a menacing grin that exuded his bloodlust. I couldn't believe my eyes as the sand rebuilt the armor and a sudden thought occurred. There's the weak spot!!

I shout, "Lee keep on hitting his armor!"

Sakura scolds, "What are you crazy!"

"The sand on his body must be the last resort of his defense. This particular jutsu must use a massive amount of chakra to sustain it thus a weakness." Sakura gasped then cheered Lee on to continue his assault. I was about to join in but an intense burning on my right arm made me hunch over in pain. I gritted my teeth to keep from screaming out loud. My vision was being surrounded by black clouds trying to take possession of me. Anger began to build inside my body from what I could sense the one tail: the Shukaku spirit. I back away to lean against the back wall so no one would notice my midway transformation. I close my eyes trying to control the stirring ten tails so it wouldn't go on a rampage.

"Shiori? Are you alright, "Kakashi asked.

I open my eyes and whispered, "No. The ten-tailed beast is trying to take control of me because the one-tailed beast is acting up."

Kakashi's eye widens and walks over to Kane then whispers in his ear. Kane nods then rushes over to my side, "You're arm." I uncover my arm to show him the burn mark of the first tail. He reaches inside his pouch to pour a special type of water to soothe the burn then lathers it with aloe vera. Kane's eyes drill into mine, "You need to breathe in and out make it submit under your chakra, then tighten the seal."

I inhale like I had asthma, "It's this fight. Gaara's a Jinchuriki of the one-tailed beast."

Kane glances at Kakashi, "Make sure no one notices us."

Kakashi nods, "It would be bad if anyone were to find out. I'll keep watch until you guys get this under control." He returns to watching the match with everyone else as if nothing was going on. I could hear the fight as the balcony shook from the intensity but I was having troubles of my own. The ten-tailed beast wasn't backing down as I felt Gaara's mental state become unstable. I saw Lee kick Gaara into the air then Lee yelped in pain. There was a slight flicker where Gaara was yet Lee continues by wrapping his bandages around his body.

Lee yells, "Primary Lotus!" A loud crack along with a blast of air came from the arena. I had to close my eyes again then I relaxed enough to retreat inside my mind. Kane was present and weaved some hand signs to stack more torii gates to tame the wild beast. I lift my shirt and twisted the seal tighter keeping the gates in place. After what seemed like ten minutes inside my mind was about two minutes in the real world. The black clouds disappeared from my vision and everything was back to being calm again.

I heavily sighed, "That was a close one."

"You're going to kill me before I reach twenty-one, " He runs his shaky hands through his hair then helps me get to my feet.

Guy shouts, "When did he do it!" His disbelief caught my attention as I return to watching the fight.

Kakashi states, "When you closed your eyes to pray that's when Lee closed his eyes from the pain." The look of Gaara's face changed again that was more threatening than his previous expression. He flicks his hand to make the sand disperse into a sea of destructive sand. Lee was having a hard time escaping from its grasp and quickly realized that the primary lotus made him weaker. His body was probably screaming in agony from the physical pain which is a side effect of the jutsu. It was getting harder to watch the fight as Gaara got serious about destroying his opponent. All Lee could do was dodge the onslaught of Gaara's hard strikes.

I could tell that he was merely toying with Lee as the sand threw him around like a rag doll. His grin showed pure pleasure of inflicting pain on poor Lee and there was no way for me to interfere. Lee screams from the sand jet stream pouring into his back as if being hit by a heavy waterfall. Suddenly, Lee went super-speed around the last couple of attacks.

Kakashi scolds, "Guy, you didn't!"

"Yes, I did!"

The chakra I was sensing from Lee had increased as if a limiter was released. My thought came to a screeching halt, He taught him how to unleash the eight inner gates! Is Guy crazy! I wanted to activate my Sharingan but I couldn't without stirring the ten-tailed beast. My condition was a little unstable at the moment but I felt chakra being poured into my body. I felt Kane's hands on my shoulders push chakra into me so I'll be able to fight later. The fight kept going back and forth between them as they tried to gain the upper hand. One minute we thought that Lee gets the upper hand then Gaara gets back up to continue fighting. Lee kicks Gaara in the air again then bounces around Gaara's form like a pinball. He finishes him by punching his face with all of his strength.

Lee rolls on the ground from the dust cloud where he should be. Gaara was laying on top of the sand as a cushion then commands the sand to go after Lee. The sand rushes towards Lee as he tries to get away but it catches his left arm and leg. Gaara curls his hand into a fist, "Sand Coffin!" Lee screams in pain then he fell unconscious with that the sand wave forms ready to kill him from above. I scream, "LEE!" I try to jump over the railing but Kakashi catches my form. Guy's body flickers in front of the sand and disperses it protecting Lee.

Gaara looked confused, "But why? He failed? Why save him?"

Guy replies, "Because he's my student and he's precious to me."

Gaara stands and walks toward the other balcony, "I quit." I watched Lee get back up on his feet while the proctor was about to announce the winner. From here, I knew Lee was standing up by the sheer force of his will, and Guy cries holding his student close.

Hayate finalizes his announcement, "The winner is Gaara."

Sakura jumps on the railing, "Lee!"

Kakashi says, "Sakura, there's nothing you can do for him right now. There are times when sympathetic words will only make things worse." The scene in the arena quickly became hectic as Hayate calls for the medical ninja to give Lee treatment right away. Naruto jumps down to check out Lee's condition up close but not before he glares at Gaara. It was hard to tell what going on from up here. The medical ninja calls over Guy so they could talk to him more privately. Guy's expression changed into a painful one and knew that his injuries were severe.

I glance up at Kakashi, "You can put me down now."

His eye narrows, "Are you going to stay here and recover?"

I nod, "Yes, I need to prepare for my fight." His eye returns to normal then he steadies me on my feet. Kane puts his hands back on my shoulders to pour more chakra into my body.

Kane says, "How are we supposed to protect you if you jump into danger all the time."

"Sorry." Guy and Naruto return to the group as we waited for one of them to tell us Lee's condition.

I quickly ask, "Guy, how bad is it."

Guy cries, "His injuries are severe enough where the medical ninja says he'll have to quit being a ninja." Tears fall down my cheeks, no...this can't be real. Kakashi comforts me by patting the top of my head.