Chapter 20: New Challenges

Kakashi 's POV:
What could I say? I knew Shiori meant what she said last night. I couldn't deny and say it was a simple crush because in truth it wasn't. My heart skipped a beat when she unintentionally confessed her true feelings like that. I've always known about it but simply ignored her feelings. What do I do now? I walk down the hallway to the examination room by the door and waited for them.

Shiori's POV:
I pull my hair into a ponytail, What the hell was I thinking saying something like that to Kakashi! Am I trying to scare him away! How do I fix this situation now? I grab my gear for the test and head out the door to meet Chiaki and Daiki at the academy. It didn't take long to arrive about ten minutes which both of them were waiting at the entrance. Chiaki smile, "Good Morning."

"Morning guys, " I smiled back.

She grabs my hand and Daiki's as well, "Let's go." We walk inside toward the stairwell for the second floor when we entered there was a big commotion at the door of the first room. There was a ripple in time-space as we got closer to the group of people.

"Do you see that, " Daiki asks.

I nod, "Yes. Chiaki there's a genjutsu at the classroom door so I cloak you from this illusion." I funnel my chakra through her hand so she wouldn't get caught in the Jutsu. We walk through the ripple of space from what I could tell they were trying to enter the room. Rock Lee is punched in the face by a familiar boy that reminds me of Kotetsu with a demon wind shuriken on his back. Team seven was here as well with everyone trying to pass the two guards. This is a test to able to identify if there 's a genjutsu present. We weave our way through the crowd then one of the guards says, "Don't you want to take the test."

I smirk, "I'm heading there right now since this is the second floor. " A light bulb goes off in my head, I remember them it's Izumo and Kotetsu so there helping with the exams this year.

Izumo smirks, "You're going the wrong way."

I sass, "You should know better than to challenge someone who can see a genjutsu from a yard away." I walk up toward the door to place my hand on it and build my chakra to where it was visible, "Disperse." The illusion immediately vanishes breaking the ripple of the space. Kotetsu and Izumo smirk, taking note of this juncture so they could report what they've seen to the proctor. Afterward, we stroll toward the end of the hall to the second stairwell for the third floor.

Naruto comes up behind to hang his arm on my shoulders and chuckles, "That was awesome!"

"That was nothing considering anyone with the ability to cast a genjutsu can easily spot one of that level."

Naruto looked confused and asks, "Are you saying that I have no genjutsu skills."

I smile, "You're catching on that's quite an improvement."

"COME ON! What makes you think I can't do genjutsu, " Naruto yells.

"Genjutsu requires precise chakra control to manipulate someone's five senses and advance intelligence to make the illusion convincing. Meaning that not all ninja can perform this Jutsu unless you've got a dojutsu otherwise it's pretty much rare. Even the ones who can use it usually prefer to use ninjutsu and taijutsu for physical damage other than illusionary ones."

Naruto shouts, "My brain hurts." We walk through a large training area then someone shouts from the balcony level. I glance over my shoulder and it was Rock Lee.

He exclaims, "I'm here to challenge you Sasuke Uchiha to a duel!" Sasuke smirks and accepts the challenge without even knowing who he's fighting against. Naruto steps in front of Sasuke and announces, "Bushy Brow is mine." I shake my head, those poor idiots have no idea. The blonde idiot rushes toward him and Lee promptly finishes Naruto off without breaking a sweat. Sasuke dashes at him successively putting up a better fight than Naruto. Lee's to fast for Sasuke and kicks him high into the air. The following second Lee appears behind Sasuke, Primary Lotus! I vanish in between both of them and grab Sasuke to move out of the way while kicking Lee in the stomach. Lee's back hits the wooden floor as I hold up Sasuke's upper half of his body.

A body of white smoke comes from the left side of the room. It was Guy's giant summoning turtle, "Lee, using a forbidden Jutsu is reckless except for what rule."

Lee kneels on one knee, "To protect one's ninja way."

The turtle continues, "Now that you understand, are you ready for your punishment."

Lee shouts, "YES SIR!"

Another puff of smoke appears above the turtle that reveals Guy screams, "LEE!" Soon after, he punches Lee in the cheek hard and was sent flying through the air a little ways from him. Everyone was stunned as they continue their dramatic routine with their obnoxious crying. Guy finally turns his attention to us, "Hey, what's shaking! How are you doing everybody! How's life treating you!"

I shake my head, "Good."

"You seem to have something on your mind, " He states.

"Nothing I can't handle myself so don't worry about it."

He gives me a pointed look then shifts his gaze at Lee, "For your second punishment, you'll have to run one hundred laps around the training field. Let's get started!"

I step in their way and point at the clock, "Guy, the exams are about to start so some other time perhaps."

He scratches his head, "We'll have to do your punishment another time." We all to leave the room and for a moment, I could see Sasuke's eyes had a familiar twinge of darkness to them. I knew that the seed of hatred began to take root inside his heart. Guy's team already made it to the classroom and it was just us left.

Kakashi stands in front of the door, "You have come here based on your own choice. I'm proud of you guys." He steps aside and lets us through the double doors so we could begin our examination. I stayed behind and he sighs, "I know your thinking about what happened yesterday. When I saw Guy earlier today, he knew that something was troubling me as well and I don't know what to say to you that'll make this right again."

"I know in the beginning you just been avoiding my feelings which I knew would happen and I was okay with it. Jealousy is a negative emotion that rears up its ugly head when you least expect it. I'm one hundred percent positive that my feelings for you will never change. The real question is will you accept them and it doesn't have to be right now. Take this time as I grow to think about how you feel towards me." Kakashi paid attention without saying anything unfavorable but instead, he contemplates every word that was admitted. I step inside the examination room leaving Kakashi to his own thoughts.