Chapter 52: The K.K.K Rescue

The wolf presses forward to pass Kabuto who doesn't make a move to allow us to pass. He turned a couple more times and the exit was finally in sight. We rush through the exit like a demon was on our trail. Up ahead stood Kakashi, Kena, and Kane waiting for us a long way from the hideout entrance. Tenrai stops in front of Kane with its tongue hanging out. Kane crouches down to pet his head, "Good boy, now lay down."

He lays on his belly which Kena quickly pulls me off to check my status. She nods, "The impurity has almost killed all the light inside you. A few more days and you would have been dead." Her hand hovers over my stomach where the impurity entered from and a rainbow light radiates into my wound clearing the darkness. I clenched my teeth at first from the start of the cleansing but over a few minutes, it didn't hurt anymore. I glance up at Kena but her hair has changed from white to purple and her nails changed to the same hue. Marishi, purifying impurities is her power.

The rainbow glow began to cease as soon as she realized that the impure substance was gone. She helped me sit up and patted my back so I could expel the remaining evil from my mouth. A black blob flew on the ground and tried to escape into the forest. Marishi made Kena's face frown as she quickly shot a light bullet at the blob. It freezes in place and quickly evaporates into the sun's rays becoming one with the light. She smiles, "You'll be alright now. I have to give Kena her body back, see you later."

The purple hair slowly reverted to white, her fingernails' coloring vanished, and finally, her eyes were blue again. Kena cries, "I was so worried about you."

Kane wrinkled his brow, "The three girls are going to train as if their lives depend on it."

I sighed, "Don't be so hard on them. Their enemy was formidable and wielded a power like I'd never seen before."

"I know Haruki and her group explained everything." Kane stands.

Kakashi lifts my arm to take off the bandages to notice square incisions, "Did Kabuto do this to you?" He lowers his head and his shoulders drop as he pulls the bandage back over my wound.

My eyes tear up as I place my hand on his head and gently stroke, "This situation wasn't your fault so don't blame yourself. The Dark Village and Orochimaru's group are at fault here." I lifted Kakashi's chin to look at me, "It's going to be alright." He straightens his posture to draw me into a gentle hug holding my form in his arms. This was hard on you, wasn't it? My ear was against his chest and I heard his fast heartbeat pulse. He stands up to jump into the tree beginning the journey back to the leaf village.

The travel time took about four hours to reach the Leaf Village. Everyone was rebuilding what they had lost during the attack. Two guards were standing outside the main gate and two wardens were inside keeping track of the traveling ledger. The two wardens Kotetsu and Izumo greeted us with smiles of relief but didn't approach. We continued our way to the Leaf Hospital so Kena could check everyone's status. She was more concerned about checking out my wounds and asking some questions. When we walked inside the hospital They were swift about taking me to my RSVP room on the top floor at the end of the hallway.

The room was big as usual with extra beds tucked away inside a big storage space. Kakashi didn't waste any time by walking to the bed and gently placing me on it. He moves for Kena so she can give a thorough examination. Privacy was needed as Kane shut the door and locked it behind us. She started to take off all the bandages on my arms to check the injuries. My left arm had a couple of square cutouts and my right arm had a needle mark. She hums, "He took some blood samples and skin samples from you. What was he looking for?"

"He wants to know the genetic secrets of my lineage."

"Did he take anything else from you?"

My lips trembled as the flashback of pain struck me and I turned away to stare at the wall. My body began to shake as I lowered my voice to a whisper. "He extracted some eggs from me like how Orochimaru did for my mother."

A sudden crash made us jump and the source was Kakashi. He had thrown the bedside table shattering it into pieces against the wall. His muscles strained against the skin as he clenched and unclenched his hands. He usually keeps his cool but rage was clear when I saw his wide eyes, showing the whites. This was the first time I saw pure rage take him over. "He's dead when I see him again!"

Kane quickly pulled the curtain to block my view of him. I could hear their voices whispering back and forth but didn't hear any words. It seemed like Kane was trying to calm Kakashi down. This action was taking too long so I jumped from the covers. I flicked the curtain out of my way and tackled Kakashi to the floor in a hug. I cried, "Please, stop! Everything's going to be okay!" The atmosphere began to revert back from rage to calm in a matter of seconds. I felt the light inside myself spread into him as if he were being infected by impurities. What is going on?! My eyes felt heavy again like my energy was drained. The familiar pat on my head made me feel at ease because he returned to his old self. I could vaguely sense eyes watching us but they didn't feel familiar to me. An enemy? No, something else but what? My consciousness finally slipped into the dream world as if this reality was a fantasy.