{A Fear Of Not Being In Control!}

Sam's POV~

I checked the wiring on the CCTV and groaned again to see the wires were cut again,"For Christ Sake.", who the bloody heck keeps doing this, who in their right mind keeps cutting the CCTV, I need them to make sure Dream didn't get out. . .!

"Sam!"

I looked up from the wires and saw Ponk,"Oh, hey Ponkie!", he smiled and knelt down with me,"So, uh, again huh?", I nod,"Yeah, I swear this is the 5th time this week!", I sighed and just put down the wires,"Anyway, what's up Ponk? Can I help ya with something??", he smiled,"Actually, yes!! I wanted to talk to you about something, more specifically about Dream.", I nod slowly,"OK. . .?", Ponk stood up and I followed him,"So, I was talking to Ghostbur right, and he said to me, and I quote,'Do you ever miss Dream? The old Dream I mean.', I was taken it back so I asked him and he told me something rather odd.", I nod slowly as I follow him,"Go on. . .", Ponk nods and starts using hand jesters,"So, I asked, Ghostbur showed me this old room and I found a photo of Dream actually getting along with L'Manberg after the Disk War, so I asked Ghostbur about it and he said he didn't remember much, but he remembers Dream not being an enemy, but a friend.", I frown,"So. . . What went wrong?? If he was a friend to them, what happened to change that??", Ponk then takes a lab coat off a hook,"That's what I want to find out! The doctor that I am, I'm going to talk to Dream!", "WHAT?!", we both turned to see Tommy,"Why would you want to see that Green Bastard?!?!", I sighed,"Tommy--... Is it true that Dream use to be friends with you?", he froze. . . He shuffled his feet and looked away, I nod,"Alright. Ponk, due to someone cutting the wires on the CCTV, I'm going to have to join you, I apologise.", Ponk nods,"Actually, please do join me.", he hugged me and I pat his head, Tommy looked at us,"Can I join you guys?", I sighed,"Alright. But you HAVE to promise me you will not provoke him, last time you did that, you know what happened.", he nods,"Yep. I know.", Ponk buttoned up his coat and followed me and Tommy to Dream's cell. . .

Ponk's POV~

Sam used the cards and we all jumped on the lava transport thing, as we moved across the lava, I nearly lost my balance and grabbed onto Sam, I felt myself burning with embarrassment, I noticed Tommy whistled,"Stfu Tommy!", he laughed and I noticed Sam was also red in the face.  .  .
Once we go to the cell, Sam unlocked it and we all entered. . .

Tommy hid behind Sam as he closed the door, I saw Dream was laying with his back to us. . .
I clear my throat,". . . Go away. . . You guys are good at that remember. . .?", I sighed and walked over to him,"Dream? Can you face us for a while, I wanna talk to you.", he didn't. . . I frown,"Dream?", I put a hand on my shoulder and made him turn himself to me. . .

I drop my clipboard in shock, Sam was frozen and Tommy was staring in shock,"Dream. . . What happened to your eye?!", he stayed emotionless, he blew his fringe out of his eyes, both eyes had lost their shine, but one had a fresh scar and the eye had gone white!!!

Sam got Dream in a new room for obvious reasons, I took a bandage and wrapped it around Dream's eye. . .

We sat him down at a table, I sat across from him while Sam and Tommy stood behind me. I clear my throat,"So, Dream it's us been a while, huh?", he nods,"I wanted to ask you something.", he stared at me emotionless,"What.", I reach into my pocket and pull out a photo. . .

A photo of him and L'Manberg.

He stared at it. . . I nod,"Yeah. Ghostbur told me that you use to be friends, and I want to know what changed that? Did something happen??", Tommy tapped his foot impatiently,"He ain't gonna tell us. . .", Sam hushed him,"Sh. Let him talk in his own time.", "The Government happened.", we all frown and turn to him. . . He was now holding the photo. . .

"Tommy, you may have forgotten but. . . The Dream SMP use to be a free land, I wasn't controlling and we could build whatever we wanted. . . But then. . . Wilbur decided to build a government on free land. I was mad, because I know what it will do to the SMP, so I went to war. And when you GAVE me the Disks for Independence.  .  . I allowed you guys to have the land. I started to get along with them. . . Then Jschlatt came into the picture. I offered my service to you, but J-- I mean, like Techno I felt like I was being used. . ."

I frown. . . Was he about to say Jschlatt? I sat up more and looked Dream in he eyes,"Dream. Is there something you failed to mention to us when you and Jschlatt had that meeting.", he shifted uncomfortably, "What are you talking about?", I sighed,"I remember, you said Jschlatt told you something. Did he do something. . . Other than talk.", Dream stared at me blankly but I could see fear behind that emotionless face. . .

Dream's POV~

"Look, Jschlatt. I'm not helping with jack shit, I admit I had my doubts on them but now I'm well aware that are 10x better on charge of this place than you. So, thanks for the offer but no thanks.", I turn to leave, as I reached for the handle, I felt a hand on my shoulder I turn,"Dream, my friend, you poor sweet thing. You really don't know what goes on behind their eyes, do you?", I glare at him,"Immot playing your games---", "You honestly think they CARE about you.", I turn away from him, I want to turn the handle and walk away but. . .,"Dream. . . They're just using you. . . Using you just get their power back. . .~", I gulp silently, no no. . . They do care, I growl and shoved him away,"They do care! I'm not- I'm not falling for your games!", Jschlatt smiled softly,"I mean. . . Dream, do you honestly think anyone cares about peace anymore? No. . . Because of Wilbur, his government and deciding to make the Election. Al lthey want now it power, and what better way to get what you want by getting close to the man with more power than Wilbur.", I realised my hand was shaking. . .

Was it true. . .?

Are they only using me. . .?

. . .

I looked at Ponk, Tommy and Sam. . . Ponk understood my silence,"Jschlatt manipulated you into joining him. Am I wrong?", I look down at the photo. . . Tommy then stepped over to the table,"But, wait, what happened the excile? Manipulating everyone?? The threats???", Ponk smiled,"I actually think I know why. . . I think because of The Government, Jschlatt and because of Tommy committing arson only a week after the War.", Tommy huffed in frustration and offence,"I think Dream developed a fear of not being in control, or in other words; OCD. Basically, I think when Dream was making himself involved with every problem or issue or making any decisions. This could be because he is scared of not being able to stop the wars, so when Tommy burnt down George's house, he got exciled because in Dream's head if Tommy wasn't here, no problems would happen. Am I completely wrong Dream??", Sam and Tommy stared at me. . . Sam looked concerned and Tommy looked completely taken it back. . .

I felt my eyes well up in tears and at this point I couldn't take it anymore. . .

I shamefully started to cry, Sam came over and pulled me into a hug. . . I hugged back and cried. . .

While Sam and Ponk talked about something. . . I was sitting down in my ceil playing some game on a gameboy he gave me. . .

"Dream?"

I look up at Tommy,"Oh, hi.", he sat down and looked away from me,"OK. Maybe Tubbo had a point about you not being the only dick. I guess, everyone here has had their moments. . .", I nod, but then he turned to me,"But, you didn't even mention why you've been writing and somehow sending Ranboo smiley faces and notes.", I frown at him,"What notes are you talking about?", soon al lthree of them were staring at me,". . . What.", "I only sent Ranboo 1 smiley face, that symbolizes that I want someone to be happy, what notes are you talking about?", they all stared at me like I did something beyond anyone's control, I frowned,"What?", Tommy looked at Sam and then at the ground. . .

"What the fuck is happening."