{Returning To The Mansion 3/3}

Karl's POV~

I fell to my knees in shock.
Did. . . Did Sir Billiam. . .

How. . . Or why. . . Will The Egg lead to their victims killing themselves. . .!?!
I look up at the rope and could see very dried blood, I stood up and looked around, trying to ignore the rope and the idea Sir Billiam ended himself.
Then I saw it. . .
Two envelopes, one having Sir Billiam's Will and a blank one saying,"For The One That Got Away.", I frown and pick them both up, I open the Will and sit down on the ground and began to read.

~~~

I, Sir Billiam The Third, have decided to leave all my money and property to my only employer, My Butler.
The Mansion, the business and my money will be transferred to his name once I'm dead.
I ask him to use the money for the dreams he had when he first worked for me, I hope that he makes this world different and I wish him luck in the future.
I do not wish for anyone else to have any of my money, for those who abandoned me and tortured me into insanity, you'll not see your name in this Will.
For I have vengeance for you, and I promise you that you'll pay for years of pain and suffering, and for what society drove my friends and the murder you all committed.
I'm willing to turn myself in, but by the time you found this, you'll find my body.

~~~

I sat there in silence. . .
Vengeance. . .
Abuse. . .
I close my eyes and think about it.
So, everything Sir Billiam had went to Butler, in here it may be because he only trusts the Butler and his family did something to him.
I fold up the Will and put it in my bag for later, I then put the second one in my bag for later too.
I look at The Egg,"So. . . The Egg, it does feed off our desires. . . But, what will happen, once we fulfil our desire, we will be driven insane. . .", I sighed heavily and sat down again, and held my head. . .

"Why. . .?"

I look up again and look at the Mask, I couldn't blame him completely. . . If his family life was bad, and if Butler was really the only one he could trust, guess I couldn't blame him for thinking The Egg cared about him, so when Sir Billiam accepted Butler was the only one who truly cared, The Egg would try and turn it around and then Sir Billiam killed himself to give not himself peace but Butler. . .

. . . Or. . . Did he?. . .

What if he. . . Isn't free?

The Will talks about Vengeance, does that mean. . . Sir Billiam is trying to punish those for our dark desires or what we do to get them for those desires?. . .
. . .
Is he blinded by vengeance, and why can I easily cut the vines and it can't regenerate.

~

I went back to the Butler's courters and found two diaries, one for Butler and the other for Sir Billiam, I took them and check  Butler's dairy on the say Sir Billiam could have died.

~~~

I miss Sir Billiam, ever since he died, I had been given mental health, but I know they're only helping because Sir Billiam had given me his money and business.
I hope to make Sir Billiam proud my push my dream forward, I hope to be able to help people in need and I might finally open business that help kids like myself and others, maybe open a school, hospitals and more for people in need.

~~~

Maybe Butler became the man that built hospitals and schools for kids in need, I took the documents I had and had to leave.

~

After I gave the items to Foolish and Purpled, or most of them, I took the Will and the letter to my study.
I looked at the letter for the one that got away, I open it and scan for a name.
. . .
Shit, my name is there.
I gulp and began to read.

~~~

Dear Karl,

I know you survived, you peasant, I don't know how, but I applaud you.
I must say I'm impressed by how your survived, but I'm surprised to say I'm glad.
I'm thankful you survived the Masquerade, and I know if I do die, my spirit and soul will be trapped in the overworld and forced to be the judge of the future victims of this spawn of the Devil himself.
But, something tells me that there is hope for this being destroyed, maybe your presence gives me hope, you didn't ask me about money but wanted to know me as a person along with my other friends.
Please, I do implore you to fix the mistakes I made and save those future victims and stop my soul for once and for all.

~~~

I sat in silence. . .
Did he. . . Really trust me that much. . .?
I look at all the drawings I drew over time. . .
I rested the letter in my drawer and go back to making the cure to save them all and find a way to destroy this monster.