{Afraid Of Your Own Magic?}

Tommy's POV~

So. Me and Tubbo were visiting Dream again, and he could have been. . . Better.
He looked like shit, I mean he always was shit but he looked more shit.
So far, all he does he say short sentences and draw in a fucking book, and sadly the clock was gone so I couldn't throw that in the lava to make him sad.
Sam fell asleep, fucking moron, Dream said not to wake him and let him sleep for a bit, whatever fine.
"Dream can I ask you something?"
He looked up at Tubbo,"Mh?", Tubbo then reached for Dream's arm,"What. . . Happened to your arm?. . .", I then noticed there were scars on his arms like the one on his neck,". . .", "Did. . . Sapnap burn you?-", "No.", wait, what. I stepped forward,"Wait, but that's what you told me.", Dream sighed and pulled him across away,"Yeah, back when you didn't know I had magic.", oh. Forgot. Tubbo titled his head,"What happened to you?", Dream went silent.
. . .

"All magic has it's down side. . . I thought I got lucky, I thought. . . The only side effect I had was just passing out. . .", I look up,"Wait, what? It's not the only side effect of bringing people back?", he shook his head.

"No. . . Because like the others, we have limit. . . A pain block that we try to push past."

~~Years Ago~~

Techno's POV~

We all sat in silence, listening to the grandfather clock tik at everything second that passes. . .
Hero was in a silent wreck
It has only been a day since she passed and it was still weighing heavy on us, goes to show that even the most powerful person could die. . . Not everyone was immortal, and for some it's a curse.
Kristen took Hero's hand,"She's at peace, Hero. . .", he nods, Kathy hugged him and he hugged back.
Was there something we could have done, Ponk was feeling most guilt because he couldn't save her, no matter how many times we tell him it's not his fault.
Suddenly the door was thrown open!
We all turn to see Foolish,"Dad, I can't find Dream!", Sam stood up,"What?!", Karl ran in,"He said he wanted to make you all happy again and left somewhere!. . .", we all look at one another.
Oh shit.
Sam and Ponk were the first to run out there the door with us following them!

"DREAM!"

~

We ran towards the green light as fast as we could!
We broke into the area and saw a shocking sight.
Dream was on his knees, hands on the ground and pushing his magic as hard as he could to bring her back!
"DREAM, NO!"
I ran to him quickly and picked him up off the ground, making him stop.
Ponk rushed to me with the others, I was in shock to see parts of his skin was burning or even frying!. . .
He cried from the pain, Ponk took him and tried his best to calm Dream down.

~

"I thought. . . If I brought her back, you'd be happy. . .", we had Dream in bed with many bandages all over his body, Sam sat next to him as Ponk finished bandaging him,"Am I in trouble?. . .", Herobrine sighed, he knew Dream only wanted to make us happy,"Dream. . . You aren't in trouble, but promise me you'll try that again. . . We got scared we'd lose you. . .", Dream slowly nods, Ponk ruffled Dream's hair and held him close. . .

=

Tubbo's POV~

"Heh. . . I hadn't used it in years. . . The fear of burning myself, or-or. . . Worse. . . I stopped using my magic. . . So, when I brought Tommy back I was scared I would burn myself but. . . I got lucky for him and Wilbur. . .", I couldn't help but feel bad, the burn marks and the idea of that happening as a kid. . .
No wonder Dream never brought it up, it was because he was scared of his own magic!
Sam then came in,"Time to go guys.", we nod and leave, but I turn to Dream one last time,"Hey. . . Thanks for bringing the animals back. . .", he gave me a smile and me and Tommy left, but with new information.