{Attempted Robbery}

||Past||
{Insipred By An RP}

Sam's POV~

After Nathan got his Lizard back, he smiled and wished me good night. . . The night shift is drawing close and I was exhausted. . .
Soon, Nick came in,"Hey, Sam. Looks like your shift is coming to an end.", I nod,"Yep.", I rub my eyes as we started to lock up the cages of the animals, the dogs, cats, parrots and all different animals we had. . .
The Manager smiled as he came in,"Well, looks like me and Nick have to night shift, Sam I hope you have a nice night.", I nod and grab my coat and all my things, I wave them goodbye before putting earphones on. . .

-------------------

Nick and The Manager made sure to count all the animals, making sure no animals were missing, then Nick stopped at one of the dog cages. . .
Nick realised one of the dogs got out, the fence was completely chewed out and looked like one of the dogs got out! The Manager came over,"Oh no.", "It-It might have slipped out when Sam left!", The Manager runs to the shelf and grabs some flashlights and dog food. . .

Sam walked down the street with the earphones in, listening to music as he scrolled through his phone, not realising that a four legged friend was following him. . .

Along with two shadows in an alleyway. . .

Sam walked down to turn a corner, he suddenly felt his arm being grabbed and yanked into a nearby alley. . .
Sam's earphones were ripped off and he was soon met with a knife to his throat,"Don't scream. Don't try and run, buddy.", I wanted to scream or or say something, but nothing came out,"Good.", the knife pressure only got worse as Sam tried to edge away from it's blade,"Now; Make this easy and hand over anything of value.", Sam gulped,"I-I don't have anything but my-my phone. . .", "Don't give me that shit!", the knife was shoved harder against Sam's skin, ripping the skin and digging into Sam's throat, Sam gasped in pain as the robber dug it deeper letting blood dripping from his throat and the knife blade. . .

Sam wanted to move his head away, but that would only make the blade dig dipper in his throat and he wasn't armed. . .
Sam was pulled out of his thoughts by robber digging the knife deeper. . .

Soon, I heard. . . Barking?
The Robber suddenly looked down,"Wtf?! Get out of here you dirty mutt!", The Robber tried to kick the dog away, only for the dog to bite HARD in his leg, the man yelled in surprise and ripped the knife away from Sam, who he then held his throat to stop the bleeding as best as he could. . .
Soon, the robber got away from the dog, cursing as he limbed away. . .
The dog then started to tug at Sam's jumper, Sam looked down at the dog, did the dog want him to sit down?
He slowly slid down the wall and sat down on the floor. . . The dog then started to bark like crazy. . .
Sam felt his vision start to go dark as footsteps and yelling could be heard. . . The last thing Sam could remember is someone holding his neck and yelling for an ambulance. . .

Nick and The Manager came to the Hospital to visit Sam after he was taken in two days ago, they brought the dog that helped them find Sam. . .
As Nick asked the front desk, the dog went off down the hall of the hospital. . . Nick and The Manager realised quickly and ran after the dog. . .
The dog came to a door and started to scratch it and whimper, The Manager opened the door and the dog ran inside almost immediately. . .
Nick and The Manager realised that the dog had found Sam for them, he was sitting up reading, the dog ran to Sam and jumped up on his head, surprising Sam,"O-Oh. . .!", The Manager smiled and walked over with Nick,"Sorry about that, Sam. We thought we might bring this dog with us.", Sam smiled, he pet the dog's head and smiled,"Nah. . . It's alright, sorry that voice is a little raspy. . . I'm thankful this dog escaped and followed me. . .", Nick smiled,"Strange this dog usually doesn't really like people.", Sam shrugged and pet the dog, who leaned into his touch, The Manager smiled,"You know, you can adopt this one, she seems to like you a lot.", Sam nods,"Yeah, I might. . .", The Manager smiled. . .

That night, back in his home. . . Sam's new dog, Fawn, lay on his bed. . . Guarding Sam. . .