{What If Eret Didn't Betray L'manberg?}

/Time Period; The Disc War, The Button Room\

Eret's POV~

Why did I have this sick feeling in my stomach. . .?
This. . . This was for a good cause. . .

As I fixed the blazer, I waved Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy and Wilbur follow me,"Just down here, guys.", Wilbur smiled as he went in first,"Woah! Eret,xwhy didn't you ever tell us about this??", I made sure that I went in last. . .
I turned around and saw Dream staring at me, I gulp and went to follow them. . .

I nearly ran into Fundy,"Sorry. . .!", "Nah, your fine Eret!", soon. . . The room was close. . .
I felt myself overheating, I rubbed my hands and felt my palms sweating. . .

Soon, I heard their gasps,"Woah! Eret!", I look up at them and see all of them in shock of all the chests I had and the secretary of this place. . .

As they looked around, I slowly moved towards the small chest hidden just slightly out of view of them, I knelt down and I opened it. . .

. . .

There it was. . .

The button. . .

I pulled it out and felt my legs suddenly became like jelly, why was I shaking. . .? This. . . This is for. . . The best. . .
I mean. . . It's not like they. . . Cared about. . .you. . .
Just like. . . Dream said. . .

I took a deep breath, I fixed my glasses and wiped what sweat I had on my face. . .

"Hey, Eret? You're being a little quiet, is something--"

"Don't come any closer."

I stood in the doorway of the room, I held the button in one hand and held my other hand hovering over the button. . .

. . .

They all took a large step back from me, probably wondering what will happen if I hit the button. . .

Wilbur's POV~

I was definitely taken it back.
Eret stood there, looking like a badass, holding a red button. . .
Tommy growled,"Eret, what the hell are you doing?!", "Finishing this stupid war. . .", I watched as he raised his hand and brought it down, we shut our eyes to embare for pain. . .!

. . .

I opened my eyes a little, only to be taken back a little. . .

Eret. . .

His hand was inches from the button, but. . . His arm was shaking, his legs were shaking and he was shaking. . .
I slowly moved away from our huddle, Fundy obviously scared,"Dad. . .!", I raised my hands slowly,"Wilbur, get back!. . .", Eret backed away more,"Eret. . . I need you to calm down. . .", Eret shook his head,"Get away. . .! I'll do it, I'll push the---", "What did he tell you.", the room went silent. . .

I could probably hear a ping drop. . .

"W-Wha. . . What do. . . You-you mean. . .", I stare at him, sensing great fear behind those sunglasses,"Dream. What did he tell you?", Eret backed up more, his hand still close to hitting the button,"H-He. . . Why would you guys care??! That's what you guys do, right; You make people think you care, you slowly forget them and eventually betray them. . .!", Tubbo was in deep shock,"What. . .", I was taken it back by this. . .

That Fucker--

"So, get back.", I couldn't take this anymore. . . Eret, obviously didn't want to go through with this!

Tubbo's POV~

In a moment of madness, Wilbur grabbed Eret, pulling him close, Eret was obviously take it back but the button was still in his hand, Wilbur looked at Eret,"Eret. What else did he tell you.", I watched this intense scene. . .

Wish I had a popcorn.

Eret then began to shake more in Wilbur's grasp,"I-I. . . I wanted. . . Answers. . .", Tommy stepped forward,"You mean. . . Answers to your past. . .?", Eret shook, but he nods. . .

And I felt so bad when tears started to spill from behind his glasses, Wilbur looked at us and we all looked sad and guilty. . .
Soon, sobs were escaping from Eret, Wilbur took the button out of hand gently, he disarmed it before throwing it away. Wilbur than pulled Eret into a hug,"Hey, hey. . . It's OK. . .", "I-*hic*I'm-I'm so-sorry, Wilbur. . .!!", he hid his face in Wilbur's shoulder, sobbing. . .

Wilbur rubbed circles into his back, Soon we all joined the hug. . .

Dream knows how to get to a person. . . Guess, we should have never told him Eret had amnesia, we didn't think for a moment that Dream would try and hurt Eret, bribing him with his past and spreading lies to him. . .

. . .

At least we pulled him out of the mind before he did something he may regret. . .

"Eret. . . I promise. . . We will help you with your past. . ."