Ch 73 - Indulge me

______________

'Could it be he can't remember because our encounter was too short?' Wen RuoHan stared at the young man below. He seems mature since the last encounter. The young man at the same time seems slightly luminous that he gave off ethereal vibes even in the cavern lighted by the fire.

"Pardon me for being rude, but could I excuse myself now?" wondered Wei WuXian after Wen RuoHan merely staring down at him for minutes.

"You have a matter to attend," said Wen RuoHan with half statement and half questioning tone.

"As head senior disciples of YunMeng Jiang Sect, I have to oversee my fellow disciples. Jiang Cheng could only do so much by himself," stated Wei WuXian with a serious expression.

"Ah, Jiang WanYin ... He'll be the Clan Leader one day, this could be a good time for him to start,"

"Clan Leader Wen, I couldn't agree more but also to worry. My shidi still have a lot to learn before he'll be confident to be himself."

Wen RuoHan suddenly burst into thunderous laugh, "You're very considerate," commented the infamous Clan Leader of Wen once his laughter subsided.

"He's my future Clan Leader, of course, I wish for the best," Wei WuXian's brow furrowed. He's very much trapped with no witness deep under the ground.

"You can see yourself out then. I'll have something to discuss with my son,"

"Thank you, Clan Leader Wen," bowing his undeserving respect, Wei WuXian hastily left the massive chamber. With the massive double doors behind him, he faces the multiple pathways. As he followed Wen Xu earlier through the underground labyrinth, he knows they've gone quite deep.

'Hopefully, I won't get lost in here,' throwing all the caution out his imaginative window.

.
.
.

According to Lan WangJi, their living arrangements in the Nightless City was different from his old memory.
They've been given a huge manor which held many rooms enough to accommodate young cultivators from four major clans who had been sent to attend the lessons this time around.

The three heirs, Jin ZiXuan, Nie HuaiSang and Jiang Cheng were leisurely sitting under the gazebo in the inner courtyard. Just as Jiang Cheng open his mouth to an inquiry of this other fellow young heir, Lan WangJi, the person himself strides in.

Recognizing the person he carried in his arms bridal style had them in motions.

"Where did you found him?" Jin Zi Xuan rushing in followed by Jiang Cheng and Nie HuaiSang.

"Entrance to the underground pathways," said Lan WangJi not slowing down with the precious bundle in his arms.

"Is he alright?" Nie HuaiSang snapped open his folded fan, hesitate between to fan himself or to fan his unconscious friend.

"What happened to him?" Jiang Cheng touches Wei WuXian's forehead, checking on his temperature.

"Exhausted," said Lan WangJi.

"Really?" Jiang Cheng's response sounded doubtful.

"He told me he was under the weather in the morning. Having to attend the summon, he might overexert," mumbled Lan WangJi, wishing he didn't encountered them minutes ago.

"I'll be fine after a good rest," whispered Wei WuXian, opening his eyes tiredly.

"You sure?" Jiang Cheng keeps being sceptical. Wei WuXian sighed with a small smile.

"You could watch me the whole night if you want," offered Wei WuXian, turning to snuggle into Lan WangJi's chest, "Lan Zhan need ... be with ... his disciples," he added nearly unintelligibly.