Ch 22 - Adjourned

"I thought that he'll finally get what he deserved," sigh Nie MingJue quite dramatically that Lan XiChen and Jiang FengMian exchange glances behind his back.

"Why don't you just pretend that he's not possessed by that vengeful spirit, and punish him severely?"

"He did get his punishment," said Wei WuXian softly. He started to feel the toll of manipulating resentment energy. Besides his young body not used to it, he also not using ChenQing.

Lan WangJi stare at Wei WuXian in silent inquiry. A genuine smile reassured him that Wei WuXian only tired, not in any immediate danger. This time, they are sitting opposite of each other.

"MingJue, it's obvious that the vengeful spirit had influenced him. Now that he's no longer possessed by the vengeful spirit, maybe he still can redeem himself." Jiang FengMian placating the hot headed Clan Leader Nie.

"Uncle Jiang is right too. Maybe there'll be some redeeming quality ... we can observe him and take action accordingly." voice out Lan XiChen, refilling his cup with his favourite jasmine tea.

"No matter how you look at it, that's not a punishment ... It's more like pardoning," ranted Nie MingJue not satisfied with the way things had happened.

Lan WangJi struck Bichen down on the floor once. "Jin GuangShan had received his judgement. He'll be serving his punishment. The Yiling Patriarch has made sure of it," states Lan WangJi clearly.

"I doubt it," scoff Nie MingJue still skeptical. Lan WangJi glare coldly before he stand up and approach Wei WuXian's side. Wei WuXian has been sitting and drinking since the moment drinks were served. His head supported by his right hand, his left hand holding around the small cup aloof. His face hidden from the world by his fringe, but Lan WangJi knows better.

"Let him drown his sorrow, Lan WangJi,"

"No need," Lan WangJi pull Wei WuXian's left hand to rest around his neck. In a swift motion, Lan WangJi put an arm behind Wei WuXian's back and another under his knees, effortlessly carried Wei WuXian away.

"That's a practiced movements no matter how you see it." comment Nie MingJue impressed. "Your brother usually avoided any contact with people, right?"

Lan XiChen and Jiang FengMian drink their tea in deep contemplation.

"A-Xian,"

"WangJi,"

Nie MingJue looks up amused at his two fellow clan leaders. They were deep in their thoughts when suddenly both speak out.

"You'll have to take turns to have a proper conversation." reminded Nie MingJue amused.

"A-Xian ... He's very friendly and quite mischievous that sometimes other people forget to look at him properly."

"What do you mean, Uncle Jiang?"

"Maybe it's because of how he was brought up to live while his parents still alive or maybe it's just part of who he is ... But A-Xian able to adapt to any kind of situation faster and efficient."

"He's ... a prodigy?" Lan XiChen offers, but Jiang FengMian just smile and shrugging his shoulders.

"What is it you wanted to say about Lan WangJi?"

"WangJi used to be so expressive, loving and cheerful. After mother passed away, he's so hurt that he started to distanced himself from other and he spend a lot of time by himself.

However, if there is a person who willingly approach and constant, he'll start to open up, but it's such an arduous task ... Most people misunderstood him," Lan XiChen smile sadly as he remembering old memories.