Ch 27 - Empathy (part 2)

"Come inside, children," Jiang FengMian gestures at the four teenagers by the door. "The last close the door, please."

"My brother and I ... Are you sure we're allowed to be here?" Wen Qing hesitate, seeing as their Clan Leader is not on such good terms with other clans.

"Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi already make clear of their thoughts on including both of you. Why delay the inevitable?" Nie MingJue  couldn't care less.

"I didn't want to sound disrespectful ...  but it sounds like Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi are more in control of current situation?" 

"She's a brilliant medic," appraised Nie MingJue, saluting her with his cup of tea.

"My sister is responsible for our small branch family of Wen. She's the reason for our survival after our parents died." said Wen Ning proudly.

"I think I've heard that your parents passed away because of some accident?"

"It was ... Wen RuoHan came and took away the treasure that was hidden by our family." revealed Wen Qing as Wen Ning just staring around looking gullible.

"Yin metal? I bet Wen RuoHan send you to study as a cover to find yin metal on Cloud Recesses."

"You're going to capture us?"

"Capture both of you and anger my son?" Jiang FengMian randomly asked as he shakes his head negatively.

"Father, A-Xian won't get angry at you," Jiang YanLi admonished her father's ridiculous thought.

Jiang Cheng smirks, "He only will give you a piece of his mind," which earn both an indignant look from the elder Jiang.

"That's what I'm trying to avoid," confirm Jiang FengMian enthusiastically. Both his children smiles amusingly, cause they know their father and their adopted brother always behaves like two mischievous children once in awhile, especially on Wei WuXian's birthday.

_-_-_

Lan WangJi pulled Wei WuXian into the room, close the door and pushed him to the nearest wall. Wei WuXian eyes widened in surprise at the aggressive action, hastily warded the room to be locked and under silence spells.

Wei WuXian just embraces the slightly taller body as he being subjected to a fierce kiss. He reciprocated just as fierce. As the kiss slowly winding down, Lan WangJi licked those swollen lips apologizing.

"Wei Ying," whispers Lan Zhan brokenly, hiding his face into Wei Ying's neck. Hot breath fanning on Wei Ying's neck and after a while, Wei Ying realized that Lan Zhan was silently crying.

"Shh ... It's alright, Lan Zhan." Wei Ying patting on Lan Zhan's back soothingly. "It's just memory of my past life."

"It's a memory ... meant it happened before to you, Wei Ying. Once again, I  wasn't there ... By your side," Lan Zhan hug Wei Ying by his waist closer to his body to reassure himself of the other.

"You're here with me now," console Wei Ying, his voice breaking. Lan Zhan lean back to cup his beloved's face tenderly, brushing away tears that had falls.

"You ... were hurting so much ..." whispers Lan Zhan in anguish.

"I'm sorry, Lan Zhan." Wei Ying dropped his head on Lan Zhan's shoulder. He's feeling sad that he make Lan Zhan hurt over something that had nothing to do with him.

"Wei Ying ... you've nothing to be sorry," Lan Zhan kiss Wei Ying's head, engulfing the smaller and shaking body in his strong and warm hug.

"Hug me tightly," murmur Wei Ying, clasping both hand to the back of Lan Zhan's waist.