Ch 65 - It's a Trip (part 2)

A/n - I'm back! ... Enjoy! 😁

'abc' - thought

Abc - previous scenes.

Abc - illusion scenes

Abc - current scenes

<abc> - spirits conversation

___________________________________&_&____

The twittering birds from nearby forest had pleasantly wake up Lan XiChen. Another day started peacefully. He smile ruefully at the memories he recalled happened last night.

Flashback

"Do you remember ... You're quite mischievous yourself when in your teenage years." Lan XiChen was in shock for a moment, to hear Jiang FengMian sudden change of topic.p

"He was ...?" Asked Nie MingJue dubious as he tried to envision his fellow clan leader acting mischievous. Jiang FengMian pour more tea for himself.

"Don't be deceived by his character now. He could make you run after your money, if he really up to it." Jiang FengMian added to Lan XiChen's secret delight. It is kind of addictive to have something that others didn't know of it's existence.

"Uncle Jiang ... I'm sure it was because I was still young and innocent?" Lan XiChen tactfully didn't look at Jiang FengMian, knowing he'll surely lost it. He still need to maintain his current image regardless of his past history.

"Hmm ... That means you mature a lot into yourself now," Nie MingJue commented utterly oblivious. Jiang FengMian was spot on when he said that Lan XiChen can be a true mischief if he so choose it. In fact, he did it from time to time, if only no one ever catch him doing it.

"I'll agree that was a short period of time that I'd cherish. Everything seems simple, bright and warm." Admitted Lan XiChen sounded wistful.

"You're missing those years," claimed Nie MingJue with epiphany.

"More like I'm wishing WangJi to have that kind of behaviour in such period of time. He instead spend that period of time alone with books as companion. Occasionally, mind you, he'll venture out to night hunt." Lan XiChen sighed guilty was clear on his visage.

"I remembered that he always quite empathetic, so when your mother passed away, it hit him hard." Commented Jiang FengMian.

"I've yet to crack his mask ... but as years goes by, I'm used to it and the mask still there." Lan XiChen staring forlornly into his tea cup.

"Someone did cracked it," reminded Nie MingJue wistfully and effectively lifted Lan XiChen's sombre mood.

End flashback

A sudden crash sound pulled Lan XiChen to the present. Faint footsteps running along the corridor beside his guest room.

"Don't break anything," warned a familiar voice coming from outside.

Lan XiChen blinks, 'WangJi?'

"Should I inform others?" Lan XiChen perked up at the indistinct conversation. The sounds of footsteps indicated that they were moving while having conversation. Oddly, the conversation sounded one sided mostly, so Lan XiChen opened the window slightly to take a peek.

Lan XiChen knew it's his younger brother even in the dimly light of early morning. He's a bit concerns once he recognised the other young man donned in red and black attire.

'Wangji and Wen Ning?'

*~*~*~*

"Should I inform others?" Wen Ning rushed to follow as Lan WangJi swiftly move about the path.