Ch 55 - Reunite ... reunion ... unity?

Two horse carriages from the Jiang manor already waiting for them beyond the crowd that slowly dispersing. Lan WangJi already boarded the carriage with Wei WuXian.

"What have we got ourselves into, Xiao XingChen?" Whispered Song Lan. He was a bit anxious to think they might make things complicated.

"Do not worry too much, Song Lan. I'm sure we can get the explanation soon, " Xiao XingChen whispered back. He turned to the man in the exquisite purple attire. "It seems most of them here know him and worries about him. His name was Wei WuXian, right?"

"That's right ... His courtesy name is Wei WuXian. He's my adopted son and one of Jiang Sect senior disciple."

"Then you must be Clan Leader Jiang. I'm Xiao XingChen and this is my companion, Song Lan." Xiao XingChen bow with due respect. Song Lan wasn't far behind, giving his respect to one of the five big cultivator clans.

"I'm Jiang FengMian, Clan Leader of YunMeng Jiang Sect and that young man just now was Lan WangJi." Jiang FengMian gestures towards the leaving horse carriage.

"Wei WuXian told us his fiance will be meeting us at YunMeng, " informed Xiao XingChen belatedly.

"Ah, so he's angry now," Jiang FengMian nodded finally understand the peculiar attitude of Lan WangJi. 'He barely holding onto his anger.'

"Who?" Asked Song Lan curiously.

"Oh, I meant Lan WangJi is angry." Answered Jiang FengMian absentmindedly.

"Lan ... WangJi?" Repeated Song Lan so confused with the conversation. Meanwhile, Xiao XingChen found it interesting that their conversation keeps jumping from one topic to another.

"Why he is angry?" Xiao XingChen was rather spontaneous with the new subject.

"Because they were separated and my son got injured, " explained Jiang FengMian pleased as they boarded another carriage.

Xiao XingChen and Song Lan keep their own opinions to themselves for the moments. It seems they will have to play things by ears. This might be the beginning of another adventure.

_-_-_

"Gentlemen, this is Lady of the house, Madam Yu ZiYuan. My Lady, they brought A-Xian home. " Their arrival was received by a lady. The lady stands elegantly, waiting for them to enter the compound.

"Please accept our gratitude. We would like both of you to stay for as long as you like and be at home." She welcomes both of them warmly, but there was an edge of protectiveness.

"How is he?" Jiang FengMian easily distracted his lady from making their guests feeling uneasy. Madam Yu glance at her husband fully aware of his tactics.

"A healer already sent to check on him. I sent them to the quarter near the backdoor."

"A-Xian room is over there, " Jiang FengMian glanced at the room on his right. "Where are you heading to, my Lady?"

"Lan WangJi requested for the room near the backdoor. I'm to take something from  A-Xian's room, "

"I'll check on them then, "

"I'll be there soon, my Lord, " Madam Yu hastily leave them to their own devices.

"Let us check on their situation." Jiang FengMian leads his guests deep into the manor.

.
.
.

Cloud Recesses

After nearly two hours, Jiang Cheng was finishing his sword morning routine. Jiang YanLi smile content with her brother's progress. His footwork was faster and his balancing better than before they left Lotus Pier.