Ch 56 - Reunite ... reunion ... unity? (part 2)

Upon arriving at Lotus Pier, Lan WangJi immediately requests for a room near the backdoor. He much prefers the room because it's far from the front door and main hall. Another reason because it is quite isolated, being surrounded by practice ground, a small hill and lotus lake.

At first, Madam Yu was a bit perplexed by Lan WangJi's request and hesitate to do so. All the empty rooms in the manor always in a clean condition in preparation to accommodate unexpected guest, but for some who came for the first time to the manor to make such requests, it's very odd.

At the obvious hesitation, Lan WangJi proceeds to the room himself uncaring if his action was seen as rude. He rushed to take off Wei WuXian's soiled clothes. He made sure the bandage that covered the stab wound was secured. He just changed a new set of pants for Wei WuXian when someone knocked on the door.

"Please come in," Lan WangJi opens the door to allow an old man to enter the room.

"How is he?" The old man tried to make idle conversation.

"Unconscious. No fever yet," replied Lan WangJi curtly. A gnarled hand reach out to check Wei WuXian's temperature and his eyes were peeled to confirmed Lan WangJi's claim. Satisfied, the old healer asked for the water-filled basin and cloth carried by a young girl who was waiting by the door. The old healer gently washed off the dry blood to properly check on the injuries. Lan WangJi barely left Wei WuXian's side. There are two young girls waiting just beside the door. They take turns to help changed water in the washbasin and make sure to keep their distance.

After cleaning and applying medicine was done, the old healer called for one of the girls to bandage his patient. Instead of immediately obey, the two girls just exchanged glances. They seem to be wary of something. The old healer sighed, resigning to wrap the patient himself. Turning around, he was surprised that the other young man had already half-finished bandaging his patient.

"You know how to treat an injured person," stated the old healer observing the young Lan wrapped rolls of bandages meticulously around the young Wei's torso.

"It's beneficial to learn basic of everything." The humble comeback was unexpected form the proud-looking young Lan.

"That's right ... Know your basic information to survive," murmured the old man healer, finally taking a seat. There's not much he can do. Blood pill had been administered and they need to wait for the young Wei to wake up for further details of his well being.

Taking a sip of the drink provided, the old man healer finally noticed the young Lan that was taking care of young Wei is none other than Lan WangJi, the younger Twin Jade of Lan.

"Young master Lan ... Do you know ... who is he?" The old man healer couldn't hold back his curiosity anymore. This happens because second young master Lan, also known as HanGuang-Jun was personally dressing up young Wei. As an experienced healer, he knows he had intruded an intimate moment between two young men. 'That's why those girls hesitant to help,'

"Of course, Miàoshǒu-Lao" a hoarse whisper alerted them to the patient's consciousness. Albeit still weak, some colour had gradually returned to Wei WuXian's face.

"Wei Ying," Lan WangJi sat on the bed, staring at the pale face of Wei WuXian.

"Wen Chao caught me off guard." Confessed Wei WuXian weakly.

"I've heard,"

"Xiao XingChen and Song ZiChen... Saved me, " added Wei WuXian as if Lan WangJi didn't say anything.

"Wei Ying," Lan WangJi brushes aside strands of hair from Wei WuXian's eye "Rest and heal ... Stories later." Wei WuXian closed his eyes but he makes a gesture with his hand in a silent request for Lan WangJi to get closer.