Ch 76 - Shrouded

A/n - It is a blessed day today and I hope the same to all of you too.🥰

"Did you hear?" A young bulky man suddenly asked once he reached closer to a couple of other guards like him. They just finished with their guard duties.

"What? Any juicy night rendezvous?" An older bulky guard was asking half-jokingly. In his opinion, it'll be bad for their health if always serious.

"The patrol troop last night heard something suspicious," relayed the young bulky man, a small smile threatened to bloom.

"Intruder?" Another less bulky guard perked up at the thought.

Instead of confirming or denying, the bulky man cautiously watching their surroundings. Satisfied they are alone, he continued by lowering his voice.

"At first, they thought it was an intruder. Until they heard ... Something breaking and a moan," the young bulky man retreated a step. He watched as his companions digested the information.

"A groan ... That's common if someone gets a beating," scoffed the older bulky guard.

"Not a groan ... They insist it was moaning. They were able to confirm it because they heard some shuffling and more moans that followed. They decided to get some distance,"

Eyes widened, the less bulky man stuttered, "No ... No way,"

"It seems our lord had found a beauty last night, Zhi Ming," said the older bulky man with a smirk.

"When was the last time our lord has a beauty?" Asked Zhi Ming bewildered by the story. He has difficulty in matching their lord and the imagined scene.

"That's the problem ... Our lord never has any," proclaimed the older bulky man.

"Ah~,"

"Yes, that's the right expression on your face,"

.
.
.
.
.
___________________________________________
☁️🌿🏔️ I'm quite sure you won't be able to digest the next scene properly .... 🤔🤔
___________________________________________

"I'll have to admit that I never imagined you to do that,"

"Are you looking down on me?" Inquire Lan XiChen softly.

"Never," Nie MingJue too quickly answered, "I'm just saying," He does seem disbelief over the situation.

"Oh, no!" Gasped Lan XiChen suddenly.

Albeit alarmed, Nie MingJue wait patiently, "What is it?"

"We're supposed to be discussing Meng Yao," Lan XiChen frowned.

"Summon him to my manor," suggested Nie MingJue, "This matter should be discussed face to face,"

"Right now? I'm not sure if I'll --" Lan XiChen hesitates, glancing over at the other.

"Don't worry, XiChen. Sent a summon and I'll deal with him." Said Nie MingJue as he was leaving the room.

Lan XiChen stared at Nie MingJue's bareback and he inhaled sharply.

Flashback

It's unprecedented yet he should see it coming. Warmth bubbling up from deep in his chest and spreading throughout his body. It's intoxicated yet he didn't want it to end too soon.

He was being manhandled and he doesn't mind. The warmth escaped to surround them, making the room warmer. There are no words between them. It's a basic instinct that surpassed any logic.

A hesitant touch on his jaw, make him inhale a shuddering breathe, eyes involuntarily closed themselves. A thought flashed, warning him of the sudden weakness exposure. A butterfly touch on his lips halted him from re-opening his eyes.

'A kiss ...?'

He was pulled into a hug by a pair of strong arms. The light touch of lips turns deeper and a tongue swipes at the seams of his lips, seeking permission to enter.

'Should I ...?' a glimpse at the half-lidded eyes close to him, a pair of lips trying hard to conquer, Lan XiChen surrender. His warm wet cavern was invaded by a pliant yet strong appendage.

End flashback

Lan XiChen looked at his surroundings and blush slightly. The furniture was in disorder, clothing discarded carelessly on the floor reminded him of their previous actions.

'Was our actions too hasty?' Lan XiChen picked up the clothing that belongs to Nie MingJue and folded each piece before he put on his clothing.

He left the room and he found Nie MingJue was writing something. "You ... You should put on your clothes ..."

"You can call me 'da ge' or my name,"

"Da ge, I'll wait for him while you get ready," Lan XiChen didn't have to exert any extra energy in persuading Nie MingJue. The bigger man promptly went to search for the rest of his clothes.

.
.
.
.
.

Meng Yao looked up at the board hanging above the door. This is not the first time he was setting his feet inside the master manor. He received a glittering butterfly from Clan Leader Lan to come to the master manor as soon as possible. It's a surprise for him, a nobody, to receive a private message from such a great person.

Here he was bracing himself. He's not afraid, merely overwhelmed by nervousness. Ever since the glittering butterfly dispersed into nothingness, it seems a flock of butterflies had appeared in his stomach instead.

"Clan Leader Nie, Meng Yao is here," a young attendant announced his presence.

"Let him come inside," a booming voice replied.

Meng Yao pushed open the door and quickly closed the door as quietly as possible. He searched the room and realized it's void of another person other than himself.

Slowly he approached the door at the back of the room, to search for clan Leader Nie.

"You're here,"

"Clan Leader Lan," Meng Yao quickly hide his surprise at the present of clan Leader Lan.

"Da ge is waiting for you,"

'Da ge? I didn't know they are close,' blinked Meng Yao surprised.

Lan XiChen smiles and reached out to touch Meng Yao by his arm. "Something is wrong, Meng Yao?"

"I was wondering the reason I was summoned,"

"Da ge was curious of something and he believes that you have the answer he needs,"

"What if I don't have the answer?" Inquiry Meng Yao cautiously.

"If you don't have the answer, you can help us find the answer instead,"

______________&&__________&&____________

A/n - It's short ... Let me know what you think.

Published (8/9/2021)

950 words