Ch 29 - Unexpectedly (part 1)

A/n - I'm sorry a bit late. My muse avoiding me. On with the story 😉

They're supposed to meet up at the inn but Wei WuXian and Nie HuaiSang had been late by half an hour already. The last activity for the festival is a stage performance.

Since the stage prepared for it was at the city Central, they all could watch it comfortably from the inn without crowding with other audiences.

Jiang Cheng is walking back and forth, muttering angrily. "Wei WuXian! Once I get my hands on you ..!"

"A-Cheng, calm down," Jiang YanLi, Wen Qing and other female disciples had went and joined some activities in the afternoon. As the results, they've made enough mooncakes and rice cakes for them to enjoy during the stage performance.

"Jie ... Many things had happened to him in these several days." Whispers Jiang Cheng to his sister in concern.

"He's alright ... They're helping someone." Inform Lan WangJi quietly.

"How did you know?" Jiang Cheng immediately inquiry.

"He sent this," Lan WangJi show a paperman in his hand. The said paperman turn to face at Jiang Cheng and Jiang YanLi and wave it's paper hand merrily. While Jiang YanLi smile amused, Jiang Cheng was scowling.

"Huh! Why he bother to sent one to you, HanGuang-Jun?" Jin ZiXuan that was too quiet lately suddenly join their conversation.

"Since he went out with Nie HuaiSang, I've made him promise to update me of their whereabout for every hour."

'Protective, aren't we, HanGuang-Jun,' thought Jin ZiXuan, surreptitiously glancing at Jiang YanLi. He admitted that he attracted to the gentle and loving but stern sister Jiang YanLi is towards her two brothers. Still, he has his doubts that he might hurt her. He would hate to know he's the reason she's hurting.

"Where's your father?"

"Somewhere in this city ... My guess in a brothel,"

"He shouldn't do that."

"Why don't you tell him that?" challenge Jin ZiXuan.

"If he didn't find out ... He will soon," Lan WangJi said it casually, make everyone pause to think it's meaning.

"WangJi ... What is it that clan leader Jin will find out soon?" Lan XiChen once again took the initiative to ask the question others unwilling to ask but too curious to know. Lan WangJi's cold expression had always scare off others.

"That he's been dealt with by Yiling Patriarch ... accordingly," the tiny smirk and the arrogant look only last for a second, but everyone saw it clearly.

_-_-_-_

It's been dark outside and Nie HuaiSang is nervously standing with fan in his hands. Wei WuXian is sitting on a stool, getting ready for the stage performance that Wei WuXian had agreed to help.

'Or ... It could be that Wei-xiong offered to help,'

"How do I look?" Wei WuXian finally turn around. It took Nie HuaiSang a few seconds to responds. He was so surprised that if he wasn't standing a few feet away from Wei WuXian, he would say someone else had replaced him.