Ch 42 - It's a race (part 1)

A/n - Hello readers! Thank you so much for all your support 🥰🥰🥰
Frankly, I never thought that I'll managed to published until 40+ chapters and still going.

I'm asking for forgiveness in advance if I can't update regularly (weekly). There were times I needed to reread all those previous chapters to get the mood or to find more inspiration. I wish I'll have more time to spend on this, but then ... I must live my life 😅😅. Enough with my ramblings, continue with the story. 🥰🥰🥰

Please leave your comments and vote if you like.

Warning : This chapter might contain heavy scenes. Continue at your own risk. 😉🤭🤭🤭
__
___________________________________________

Wei Ying walks sleepily, the silk sleeping robes hugging his body. Lan Zhan found himself mesmerized by the curves of his body hidden by the sleeping robes.
"I'll just lay here," he announces, casually resting his head on Lan Zhan's lap. Wei Ying lay on his right side, pulling both knees up, like a fetus in mother's womb. A soft sigh escapes from Wei Ying, snapping Lan Zhan from his sudden lust.

He steels himself and continues reading those blasted reports. Luckily, most of the reports were written with legible penmanship or he'd take longer to read through those. Aware of the warm weight on his lap, Lan Zhan runs his fingers through those silky long tresses. The contact, little by little, calming him down from his lust.

_-_-_

Lan XiChen, knocked on the door to announce his arrival. Lan QiRen turned away from the book shelf. Lan XiChen walked in and bows in respect to his uncle.

"How was your business in the town?"

"The manager gave a promising report. The small problem last month has been resolved."

"That's good to hear." Lan QiRen gestures towards the table where a teapot and a plate of rice cake prepared for them. "Come and join me for tea. I would like to hear about the other errand you have been doing."

"All preparations have been prepared quite nicely. WangJi has checked everything himself and he's satisfied." Settling himself opposite of his uncle, Lan XiChen hesitate for a while, "Uncle, I think ... We should hasten our travel to Lotus Pier."

"Any troubles you heard, while in town?"

"No trouble, which is quite worrying ... Nevertheless, I propose we arrange for WangJi and Wei WuXian's engagement as soon as possible. I want to prevent unwanted incidents from happening and to acquire more rights for WangJi."

"You're thinking of Wen RuoHan and Jin GuangShan's questionable interests towards Wei WuXian."

"That might be one of the reasons", Lan XiChen smiles. Casually he wards the room with soundproofing. Lan QiRen raised an eyebrow inquiringly. "Uncle, are you aware that Wei WuXian can give WangJi a child or children if he so chooses to?"

"What nonsense you are talking, XiChen? Is this ... are you trying to tell me that you want me to stop this engagement?" Lan QiRen softly pulled on his short beard, patiently waiting for more details.

"I'm serious, uncle."

"Give ... As in taking a child for adoption?" asked Lan QiRen. Lan XiChen sighs, understands that his uncle is being difficult.

"I'll rephrase my words. Are you aware that Wei WuXian can give birth to a child or children for WangJi?"

The quarter fell into pregnant silent.

"XiChen ... I might be old and ill tempered, but I'm sure I'm not deaf or senile yet," replied Lan QiRen with his eyes closed.

Lan XiChen nodded, silently acknowledging he's being reprimanded. "That's the reason I wanted to hasten the engagement, in consequence their marriage too."