Ch - [Filler] Story Telling Time

A/n - I've published this chapter previously, after chapter 44 (🤔🤔). Then, I've unpublished. Many have read this, but just enjoy this filler 😉.

2nd A/n - This chapter supposed to be posted later, while Wei WuXian still healing after injured by Wen Chao.

__________________________________________

Wei WuXian looks around him. The scene in front of him is so bizarre. All of his fellow Jiang sect disciples are sitting in front of him, excitement obvious on their faces. Even Uncle Jiang and Madam Yu joined up, sitting on their chair.

"Erm ... Shijie, why did you dragged me here? What are they waiting for?" whispered Wei WuXian to Jiang YanLi who was sitting beside him, holding onto his arm.

"We can't tell them exactly that you're from another timeline. However, we need to let them know of the situation we are going to face."

"Jie thought it's wise to let you fabricate your experiences into a story telling or something."

.. .. .. ..

"Shìxiōng, let us listen to your story,"

"Ah~ It might disinterest you ... "

"That's impossible! You always have a way when talking."

"You meant to say ... he always made up stories?"

"No! T-thats not true! Don't put words into my mouth!"

"Alright, everyone settle down. It seems A-Xian little bit hesitant to start." Jiang FengMian looking amuse at Wei WuXian.

"I'm not sure what to tell," admitted Wei WuXian sheepishly.

"You can try from the beginning." suggested Madam Yu daintily sipping her tea. Wei WuXian fell quiet.

"I'll tell with one condition." Started Wei WuXian his tone heavy with seriousness. "No one ... Can talk of the story to another soul that never heard of it,"

"Deal!!"

"Oh, the characters name in the story might sounds funny, but let's ... Just listen to the story,"

.. .. .. ..

"Xiǎo BáiTù is a rascal. Getting into trouble is second nature and making friends is his past time. One day, he went out and play up on a hill. He play all day long until night. As he was walking down the hill, he heard a sound." Wei WuXian look at his raptured audiences. He glanced at his uncle Jiang and saw the cloud parting to reveal full moon. "He tip toes towards the sound, and he saw moonlight shining on a person practicing sword. He was captivated by the sword skill that he stumbled over the tree root. Next he know, he was looking at the sharp end of a blade."

"It's a bad guy?" Gasped someone in a hushed whispers.

"Xiǎo Báitù smile at the person in front of him and said 'It is beautiful full moon tonight. My name is Xiǎo Báitù, what is your name?' The person stared at him for a minute long and gestures at him to stand up. 'Xùn Shòu. You're not supposed to be here.' said the person. Xiǎo Báitù finally able to see the person's face. He looked cold and very unfriendly but that didn't scare Xiǎo Báitù away."

"'I was playing and lost track of time. You know very nice sword moves. Can you teach me?' Asked Xiǎo Báitù. Xùn Shòu stared at him as if he's been asked in different language. 'Go back to your home and never come back.' Xùn Shòu said as he sheathed his sword. Xiǎo Báitù tried to grab onto Xùn Shòu's sleeve, as fog obscured his sight and Xùn Shòu nowhere to be seen." Wei WuXian closed his eyes as he smiled contentedly.

'That was a good memory back then,' Wei WuXian sighed wistfully.

"That's it?" A voice commented, and Wei WuXian smile softly.

"Next day, Xiǎo Báitù went out and play till dark. This time he purposely waited for Xùn Shòu. The sound he heard yesterday night was the clinking of jade and the tassel tied on Xùn Shòu's sash. However, Xùn Shòu not practicing sword this time. Oddly he's doing hand stand while ..."

"While what, shìxiōng?" Interjected Zi Qing, the Jiang sect youngest disciples.

"Writing. Xiǎo Báitù stayed hidden up on the tree watching Xùn Shòu. After two hours past and many copies of the same writing, Xùn Shòu finally stand back on his feet. 'Why you still here?' asked Xùn Shòu. Xiǎo Báitù jumped down to land behind Xùn Shòu. 'I've told you yesterday, I wanted you to teach me how to use sword.' Xùn Shòu turned around to face Xiǎo Báitù and he noticed a black flute with red tassel tucked into the sash around his waist. 'You're not supposed to be here,' insisted Xùn Shòu. 'You can't stop me. I'll be your friend' declared Xiǎo Báitù."

"How about Xiǎo Báitù other friends?" Asked Zi Qing in wonder.

"Why he insisted on being friend with Xùn Shòu?"

"Every morning and afternoon Xiǎo Báitù will be seen mingled with his other friends. There were Yan Zi and Jiang Zi that he always listen and respect. He's very close with them ever since he's very young. Zhu Ren was his partner in crime. While Xiǎo Báitù is very outspoken, Zhu Ren is reserved. They'll go around pranking neighbors, hawkers and passer-by. There was Kong Que that Xiǎo Báitù seems to have a quarrel every time they met. Once evening, Xiǎo Báitù will be on the hill. Xiǎo Báitù's will finally give into fruition. Xùn Shòu willing to be friend with Xiǎo Báitù after he done writing for 100 copies."

"Isn't that weird! Xiǎo Báitù already have many friends,"

"With his personality he could find another friend easily too,"

"Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Xiǎo Báitù will always waited for Xùn Shòu to appear, until one day. After two days Xiǎo Báitù failed to appear, Xùn Shòu started to get angry. Three days consecutively, Xùn Shòu went to search for Xiǎo Báitù. He never meet any of Xiǎo Báitù other friends, but Xiǎo Báitù always have stories about them, one or another. He even described their appearances and attitudes clearly. Xùn Shòu found Yan Zi and Jiang Zi by the lake. 'Have any of you see Xiǎo Báitù?'
Jiang Zi looked at Xùn Shòu suspicious, but Yan Zi smile politely. 'We're sorry, but it's been three days since we saw him. If you meet him, could you please let him know that we're missing him?'"

"Something happened to Xiǎo Báitù?" Zi Qing stands up but quickly pulled down to sit again.

"Next, Xùn Shòu met Zhǔ Rèn which was helping his family selling arts and crafts at the market. 'Are you Zhǔ Rèn?' asked Xùn Shòu. Zhǔ Rèn took a look at Xùn Shòu. 'You're Xiǎo Báitù's friend.' stated Zhǔ Rèn. Xùn Shòu was surprised someone recognized him. 'Do you know what happened to him? It's been three days since I've met him,' Zhǔ Rèn suddenly look worried. 'Three days? He's been missing for three days?' asked Zhǔ Rèn. 'Yan Zi and Jiang Zi last saw him three days ago' informed Xùn Shòu. Zhǔ Rèn fell silent. 'There was a disturbance three days ago at the inn nearby. Xiǎo Báitù help a new girl from being bully by Lijīng.' Xùn Shòu puzzled over the information. 'Isn't that something good?' Zhǔ Rèn grabbed Xùn Shòu arms.

'Hu Lijīng is Li Quǎn's woman and his father is a tyrant, Láng,' Xùn Shòu looked down at the hands on his arms. The slight tremors in those hands and the unspoken fear in Zhǔ Rèn's eyes told him clearly Xiǎo Báitù must be in deep trouble.

______________&___________&_____________

Published (11 February 2020)
1161 words

Unpublished ( 29 February 2020)

Republished (3 April 2020)
1226