Ch 52 - Mission (part 1)

"Do you think Xue Yang going to wait at the Lotus Pier?" Wei WuXian childishly tried to matching his steps with Lan WangJi's.

"His reasoning as sporadic as yours." Replied Lan WangJi, his pace even and regal through the uneven terrain.

"You meant impulsive," quipped Wei WuXian with slight chuckles. He's well aware of his tendencies to be impulsive, rambunctious and mischievous at times.

While Lan WangJi had change into another set of his less regal attire, Wei WuXian opt to wear a civilian attire. His rational was it's comfortable and easy to blend with commoners.

"I love the design and material ... Besides, you admitted that I look gorgeous in them. So, I don't want to ruin them," commented Wei WuXian after Lan WangJi challenged the practicalities of choosing civilian attire over his cultivator attires.

"It was for protection. You're always gorgeous," Informed Lan WangJi needlessly. Tip of his ears slightly redden.

"Thank you, Lan Zhan. You're sexy whenever you're overprotective," teased Wei WuXian. He laughed heartily as Lan WangJi tried to hide his blushing by finishing his oolong tea. They've reached the small town after nearly an hour walking.

"Shameless," muttered Lan WangJi, optioning to observe the bustling market on his right, outside the tea house. He didn't expect that Wei WuXian able to catch it, so he was easily surprised a few moments later.

"It was reserved," said Wei WuXian, looking straight at Lan WangJi. Lan WangJi suddenly gripped Bichen which rested on their table, in order to avoid looking at Wei WuXian. Noticing the struggles Lan WangJi was having, Wei WuXian decided to embrace his Yiling Patriarch's character. He gulped down his diluted wine and smirked evilly.

"Wei Ying," Lan WangJi warned still refused to give in. His knuckle turned white in gripping Bichen too much.

"HanGuang-Jun ... Lan-er Gongzi ... don't you deem it necessary to punish this shameless me?" Asked Wei WuXian in sultry voice. Lan WangJi narrowed his eyes for a minute before he stands up and immediately went upstairs leaving Wei WuXian staring at his back, half amused and half surprised.

'Ah, Lan Zhan~ you're too much!' Whined Wei WuXian internally.

_-_-_

"Ah~ you're wrong, QiRen. She is mulling the information in her mind. Once she done dissecting the information ... You'll have to answer her with precaution." Smirked Jiang FengMian satisfied with the sinking dread on Lan QiRen's face. It's not everyday you see master Lan QiRen flustered over explaining certain matters to dispel misunderstanding.

Thankfully their meal was quiet except for well placed compliment and offerings for extra. Jiang FengMian at once suggested them to enjoy their leisure time by the lake pavilion.

"I thought the Lan clan was unforgiving on this kind of matter."

"You're right, Madam Yu. The Lan clan strictly forbidden such behaviour. However, as the current Clan Leader I think it's time for our clan to reconsider a few rules for future generation's benefits."

"It seems your brother is very lucky to have you as his older brother," appraised Madam Yu.

"I would like to think it was the opposite. WangJi had always give me reason to keep going positively. He might seems aloof and so cold, but he does give sound opinions."

"I'm sure it was thanks to master Lan QiRen's conduct."

"I'm merely there as their support and guide. They're too good on their own." Scoffed Lan QiRen, totally relaxed.