Ch 14 - Ignorant is Bliss

A/n - I'm so sorry for the late update. There are many comments I've received and I appreciated all since those comments make me excited to write more. However, putting my ideas into words not so easy 😅😅😅.

Enjoy !!

______________________________________

'To think that we've gone all the way ...' Wei WuXian shakes his head to disperse the memory from taking a hold of him. Since Lan WangJi is not around and the day just barely started, it's not a good idea at all. He should know better that Lan WangJi might be all possessive over him now, more than ever.

"Who am I trying to fool here? I'll be possessive, jealous and protective myself, over my Lan Zhan." chided Wei WuXian to himself. A near-death experience and two death experiences surely will have that effect on your character.

He's mine and only.

Faintly he remembered a saying or something, 'That your body is like a temple or sacred ... Which only your significant other should touch or worship.'

Heaving a deep breath, Wei WuXian slowly left the warm bed. He intends to soak himself in the Cold Spring Pool while meditating before he faces any challenges that had been planned for him this time around.

'I have no doubt it'll be spectacular,'
thought Wei WuXian sarcastically.

Taking slow and careful steps, he reached the only furniture that keeps his beloved's wardrobes. A knowing smirk appears on his face.

'Lan Zhan ... You really love to spoil me. I can't ask for someone better than you,'

_-_-_-_

A door opened unannounced make all the room occupants turn their attention to the person standing there, gasping for breath.

"Running is forbidden in Cloud Recesses ..." started Lan QiRen with a deep frown.

"What is it, Lan HuanJing?" Lan WangJi's soft but monotone voice cut through. Lan QiRen surprised at the authoritive inquiry from his nephew.

"I went to the Jingshi, to sent that food and to give your message, but nobody was there." Reported the young disciple. He nervously looks at Lan WangJi. People used to say that quiet person usually held quite a temper.

"Nobody in Jingshi?" Repeat Jiang YanLi softly, exchanging glances with her father.

"Did you check inside?" Jiang Cheng scowled. Thinking that his brother had started to create mischief.

Jiang FengMian stops to stand near his daughter, "Do you notice anything that might happen?"

"I ... found this on the floor by the door. That's why I ran here ..."

"That's Suibian ..." exclaimed Jiang Cheng, now worried.

Lan WangJi approaches Lan HuanJing and holds out his hand for Suibian. Hastily, Lan HuanJing passed over the object that at first he mistook as a wooden stick, until he touched it. He can feel it's such a strong spiritual sword.

Lan WangJi was transferring some of his spiritual energy and Suibian faintly glowing purplish.

"WangJi ... What was that?" asked Lan XiChen observing his brother's action curiously.

"It's a method that Wei WuXian developed. Its purpose to pass a message for intended person, without others to intercept."

"What is his message?"

"Proceed while he's grooming,"

"Meaning ... ?"

"It means A-Xian will be here once he's presentable." Jiang YanLi helpfully explained, subtlety looking at Lan WangJi as confirmation.