Ch 45 - Disillusioned (part 1)

"Lan Zhan, of c--!!" Wei Ying struggled to supported the sudden weight on him. "Are you kidding me!?" Screamed Wei Ying looking at the serene visage of his beloved. "Everyday is everyday ... but isn't now quite early?" Wei Ying lovingly kiss Lan Zhan's temple before he move to carry Lan Zhan to the bed.

"Lan Zhan, you rest for a while. I'll be by the table there doing some preparation ... for tonight." Finished with his job with arranging Lan Zhan properly on the bed, Wei Ying clear the table of their drinks. Tray of teapot set he put outside, beside the door for the innkeeper to collect.

Wei Ying set out a wad of blank talismans, set of brushes and an ink jar. He smiles reminiscing his own mishap. Lan Zhan had tried to destroy the ink contaminated with his blood. After some proper persuaded, he managed to keep the ink, but not before Lan Zhan extracted his promise to use it with care. 'Let's get this done before Lan Zhan wakes up,'

As Yiling Patriarch, he has a lot of invention in his repertoire. Slowly and meticulously, he recreate many of his own invention talismans. Of course only him knows the trick of those talismans. So engrossed in his task, he started to hum.

"Hmm ... our song." Wei Ying turned around just in time to see Lan Zhan drunkenly left the bed. He quickly kept talismans he'd done out of Lan Zhan's reach. It's not a good idea to let Lan Zhan have access to anything with potential to explode, destroy or burn.

"Hey, Lan Zhan ... You're ..." Wei Ying wanted to say 'awake' but he don't think it really do justice to Lan Zhan. He might be moving and talking, but he's not doing it fully conscious.

"Wei Ying ... " At the sudden seriousness, Wei Ying looked up into Lan Zhan's eyes. It was a big mistake.

_-_-_

"Wen RuoHan ... How did he got involved in this mess, My Lord?" Madam Yu sighed feeling years of tiredness engulfed her.

'That would be great if I know,' thought Jiang FengMian frustrated over the fact someone else unknown to him had disclosed the secret of Wei WuXian. The worst, it was disclosed to a greedy tyrant, Wen RuoHan.

"To tell you the truth, I have no idea. I don't think any of us will be aware of it, if that incident last week didn't happened." Confessed Jiang FengMian.

"We have to thank WangJi for sharing the information. Until now, Wei WuXian didn't say anything about it and he just behaved like nothing happened." Added Lan XiChen.

"What had happened? You never tell me about that, XiChen."

"It's just a chance meeting with Wen RuoHan which didn't last for a few minutes," started Lan XiChen, eyeing Jiang FengMian for any opposition.

"If that's true, why both of you acted as if Wen RuoHan had done irreparable things to Wei WuXian?" Madam Yu couldn't help but to comment the look on both Clan Leaders.

"Fortunately Wen RuoHan didn't have the opportunity, although he did tried to take him away." Jiang FengMian bravely reached out to his wife's hand and squeezed slightly. He take a long and deep breath, dreading to reveal the story.

"Unfortunately, a memory resurfaced ... A forgotten memory of Wei WuXian which Lan WangJi saw while Wei WuXian accidentally performed empathy."

"What was the memory about?" Asked Madam Yu softly, very much aware of its delicate situation.

"He was ... caught by Wen Chao and a forced sexual assault by Wen RuoHan,"

"WangJi saw that?" Asked Lan QiRen appalled.

"Yes, uncle ... He was shaken by the experience that he only told us about it the next morning."Lan XiChen solemnly replied.

"Wei --"

"HOLD IT!!" Once again, Madam Yu lost her cool as cucumber attitude.

"My lady ... Are you alright?"

"I'm out of the loop again ... right?" asked Madam Yu through her gritted teeth. Her eyes piercing accusation to her dearest husband.

"Should we ...?" Jiang FengMian didn't dare to look at his wife, his hands gesturing aimlessly as he tried to articulate his questions under such pressure.

"I think it's better, as long as it didn't reach Jin GuangShan." answered Lan XiChen, feeling sympathetic at his fellow Clan leader. He hid his amusement behind his cup.

"He is a clan leader ... why would he be excluded?" Madam Yu stands up, her hands on her waist, an eyebrow raised in silent manner telling everyone in the room that she meant serious business.

_-_-_

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying had decided to checked out from the Inn and to spend their night outside. They were walking through the forest, under the greenery canopy. Occasionally rays of afternoon sun shooting through like slanted pillar.

Both lovers leisurely strolled along, their feet crunching on the golden path of dry leaves. Dragonflies, butterflies and bees flitting through, searching for food. Birds chirping faintly in the distance, wind softly blowing making the vibrant greenery dancing with the wind.

They've been walking for a couple of hours when out of blue, fog surrounds them and the wind stills.

"I hate it when this trick was used," Whined Wei Ying under his breath.

"Careful, Wei Ying ... be silent." warned Lan Zhan inaudibly before a pair of small knives flying towards them. The chain connected to those knives chattered, cutting through the silence. They parried those knives to the side, but the chain was pulled and those knives change its course unexpectedly. One of those knives nearly make cut across Wei Ying's neck if Lan Zhan aren't fast enough to block the knife.

The thrill of barely escaped from near death heightened his senses. Wei Ying instinctively move into back to back formation with Lan Zhan, drawing out Suibian. In the situation where your sight was badly impaired, you'll have to rely on your other senses more.

.. .. .. ..

"How can I hurt you ... Wen RuoHan would want you unspoiled, right?" Xue Yang mockingly asked, fully aware that Wei WuXian won't be able to verbally respond.
.
.

"What if ... there is a talisman that can make you feel excited, lust for someone ?"

"...!!"
.
.

"I know Wen RuoHan wants you badly, but he never told me to bring you to him. Should I let you go?" Whispered Xue Yang into Wei WuXian's ears.
.
.

A sensual lick of tongue on his earlobe jarred his mind to reality. 'I've hit a jackpot ... Xiao XingChen had this child on his case,'

_______________&__________&______________

A/n - It's been a while since I last updated. I've been busy with college assignments and I'm job hunting too. Wish me good health and let my muses rained me with ideas 😉

Published (23 February 2020)
999 words