Ch 44 - It's a race! (part 3)

"We came to Lotus Pier earlier than planned because of a certain circumstances that I've conveniently been informed last night." Lan XiChen blinked and casually pretend he's not being discreetly reprimanded by Lan QiRen.

"We believe it's better to rush this engagement, at the same time the wedding also. I'm not sure if others noticed, but to me ... WangJi always do things seriously." smoothly, Lan XiChen joined into the conversation. "Thus, we believed that he already planned everything when he told us of his wish to marry."

'He might already started on one of his plan,' thought Lan XiChen. Wei Ying was suspiciously absent when they were having morning meal today.

"All of us might think it's too rush, but if you think back properly of their stories ... I think they've known each other better than we think."

Lan QiRen "Wei WuXian condition also ..."

"What about Wei WuXian condition?" Madam Yu suddenly interrupted. The three men blinks at her. She holds up her hand gracefully, "Before any of you answer that ... whose idea was this?" Madam Yu take a glance at each of the men to gauge their reaction to her questions. Suspecting no answer is forthcoming, she throw out  another question slightly dreading the answer, "This is not an elaborate prank?"

"FengMian, you didn't try to explain things to her? Don't tell me she doesn't aware of Wei WuXian's condition too?" hissed Lan QiRen immediately turned onto Jiang FengMian.

"Well, it's a secret ... Besides, arrange marriage common to encourage ..." Jiang FengMian mumbling to himself once he realised that his wife and his old friend going to jump on him to get to the answer.

"My brother would like to come and do this himself. After Wei WuXian was hurt in the incident a few days ago, he decided to hunt those yin metal themselves." Lan XiChen sipped his tea and look at the three elders that staring back at him. He might be smiling but if you really look at him, you'll see molten anger in his eyes. There's slight tremor in his hand as he reign his anger tightly. He could wait for these three ... stubborn donkey to vanish and for the three elders to return to their senses preferably soon.

_-_-_

Madam Yu patiently nursing her headache. Her personal servants had been sent to guard the walkway outside the room.

"It's ridiculous to know that I've never have any inkling that there's something not right with Wei WuXian." Madam Yu eyeing her husband also the clan leader, frustrated and hurt at the knowledge that she wasn't trusted to keep the information in the first place. Master Lan QiRen and clan leader Lan XiChen wisely have their own quiet conversation in order to offer the husband and wife some privacy without leaving the room.

"There's nothing wrong with him. His condition leaning towards unique, and dangerous only if the information falls to the wrong hands." Jiang FengMian weakly defended.

"Does Wei WuXian aware of this?"

"I'm not too sure before, but after the last few weeks I'm sure he knows and HanGuang-Jun too."

"You're going to divulge me with the real information sometimes before the days is over, right?" Madam Yu drawled. Jiang FengMian sighed thinking regretfully why he keep making mistakes whenever it involves the lady of his life.

"It's -- A-Xian is obviously a male, but he also have the ability to give birth."

"You're ... Seriously telling me that he's ..."

"Yes, he is,"

Madam Yu closed her eyes, taking several deep breaths. "I'll think on it more ... later. I believe there are other matters to discuss?"

"The reason ... why QiRen and his nephew thought it's prudent to make haste of A-Xian's engagement and wedding."

.. .. .. ..

While Jiang FengMian and Yu ZiYuan are occupied with their domestic life hiccups, Lan QiRen thought he better clears the air that surrounding his younger nephew's matters. All the facts should be true or valid. "What do you meant when you said WangJi might have already started with his plans?"

"Uncle, our WangJi can do a few tasks at the same time. He might actively doing a task while at the same time he already have another in motion." Lan XiChen patiently explained to his uncle.

"The task they've taken and this errand we're doing for him?"

"There's another that I'm sure he had triggered too," smirked Lan XiChen, trying hard to hide his excited feeling.

"Should I get worry about it?"

Lan XiChen dismissed his uncle, noticing the Jiang Clan leader attention on them. "I think they're ready to discuss,"

_-_-_

"Your uncle and brother currently at Lotus Pier, to discuss our marriage?" asked Wei Ying softly. They've just checked into an inn and enjoying drinks after lunch.

"Hmn,"

"I hope things are not complicated," downed a cup of Emperor's Smile, Wei Ying bite on his lower lip.

"Wei Ying, you have nothing to worry about," Lan Zhan reach out to brush his thumb over Wei Ying's lower lip from being abused by its owner.

"That's not true ... There are many things I need to plan and those are worrying me."

"I hope there's a plan for our future too,"

"Lan Zhan, of c--!!" Wei Ying struggled to support the sudden weight on him. "Are you kidding me!?" Screamed Wei Ying looking at the serene visage of his beloved. "Everyday is everyday ... but isn't now quite early?" Wei Ying lovingly kiss Lan Zhan's temple before he move to carry Lan Zhan to the bed.

_-_-_

"We don't have any problems with your idea to get this engagement and wedding out of the way sooner. Still, it'll ease our hearts to know your reasons."

"First, they're unrestrained. Two, WangJi might have triggered something he's not supposed to for another few years. Third, because of Wei WuXian unique condition, Wen RuoHan had targeted him a few times and still counting ... Not to say that his attractive appearance didn't contribute anything."

"Unrestrained?"

"They're too familiar with each other."

"Triggers ... What?"

"Since they're mostly stay together and Wei WuXian had either threatened or injured ... WangJi might have made his claim," said Lan XiChen with a meaningful look but refused to say anything else.

"Oh!" exclaimed Madam Yu faintly, her fair face tinted with lovely red. "My lord! You left him there even when you've already suspected this to happen?" Asked Madam Yu minutes later, flabbergasted.

"What do you expect me to do, my lady?" Protest Jiang FengMian incredulously.  "You didn't see them together ... they're ... like newlyweds already!" Jiang FengMian quickly defended his actions as he panicked.

"Hence we're here earlier than planned." Inserted Lan XiChen helpfully, smiles amiably. Jiang FengMian shot him a sharp look, telling him in no nonsense way that he's helping him.

"Wen RuoHan ... How did he got involved in this mess, My Lord?"

_______________&___________&_____________

A/n - I'm late ... SORRY!!

Published (6 February 2020)
1134 words