Ch 2 - Reckless

A/n - Thanks to @tukellive for proofreading (15/1/2020)

Bird chirping merrily as they busy looking for food. Light breeze bringing together the flowery fragrance from nearby flower beds.

"A-Xian," Jiang YanLi gently call her adopted brother whose currently perched on a tree branch near the Library Pavilion.

"Shijie," Wei WuXian, twirling some strand of his hair around his pointer finger, the epitome of innocent and naivety. He glances down to see Jiang YanLi and Jiang Cheng. While the young lady is smiling softly, the young man is scowling.

"Come down now," ordered Jiang Cheng.

"What is it, shijie?" ignoring his adopted brother, Wei WuXian looks down at the graceful young lady, Jiang YanLi.

"I've cooked some soup ... come down and have some while it's still warm," invited Jiang YanLi, holding out the basket she had been carrying.

Wei WuXian tilts his head slightly, "Today's weather is so nice," his lips forming into smallest smile that the siblings have ever seen. His eyes looking faraway into the bamboo forest. Eyes searching for something that he can't remember.f

"Hmm ... But what are you doing up there still? " scolded Jiang Cheng feeling impatient. He already asked to eat the soup earlier and was told to find Wei WuXian so they can eat together.

"Careful, Jiang Cheng... Wouldn't want to get early wrinkles." Wei WuXian jumped down gracefully and accepted the small bowl of soup from Jiang YanLi. He takes a sip of the slightly murky coloured liquid. "It's delicious, shijie!" he enthusiastically praised her. He loves the rich flavour in the broth, especially when added with some chilli flakes.

"We're lucky that a-jie is good in cooking ... unlike someone," says Jiang Cheng also gratefully taking a sip of the soup. Wei WuXian shot him a glare, acknowledging the comment made about him.

"Its not my fault that you can't appreciate extra spicy food like I do!" responded Wei WuXian offended by the accusation.

Jiang Cheng rolling his eyes to the heaven, "Whatever that float your boat..."

"At least ... I still know how to cook for myself. Unlike you ... You even failed to cook simple porridge." Wei WuXian casually jabbed at Jiang Cheng to make him irritate.

"Alright, I'll cook for both of you until you can find someone who willing to cook for you."

"I bet this rascal will keep bothering you, jie."

'That will be impossible ... I won't stay with you for longer.'

.. .. .. .. ..

Not far from the three siblings, under the gazebo were Lan QiRen and Lan XiChen.

"Those three are quite close," Lan QiRen commented lightly as he massaged his short beard. Lan XiChen had joined him for evening tea.

"I heard that Wei WuXian is the favourite senior disciple of Clan Leader of the Jiang Sect." Said the elder twin Jade of Lan with an ever present smile.

"Still ... he's too shameless and reckless." again Lan QiRen shakes his head as if it's a lost cause. For the sake of memories that he had of the young man's parents, he hope that he'll be able to deliver a good lesson.

"Well, not everyone can be like WangJi, Uncle," said Lan XiChen with a serene smile.

"Hmm,"

________________&___&________________

N/a- Please leave any comments. I'm sure it'll inspired me.

Published (October 2019)
378 words

Proofread (15/1/2020)
@ tukellive

Revised (19/1/2020)
558 words