Ch - [filler] Something to share

A/N - I'M SORRY but please bear with me. This might disappoint you, but ... truthfully, I have nothing to say. 🤐🤐😵😵

WuXian was slightly surprised as soon as he entered the hall. Jiang YanLi gently explained of their plan wanting him to think of a way to tell his situation to their sect's disciples without having to spill all the beans. Of course, Wei WuXian was doubtful for a while. He might throw you a lot of questions and give many reasons to chase you off, but he'll wind down and listen to your request if you're determined to see it through.

Everything is a smooth sailing once Wei WuXian see things in your point of view. In fact he might get brighter ideas and you won't have to worry much other than to make sure he slow down to match with others pace. It was always interesting to see him in action.

The moment Lan WangJi enter the hall with bamboo flute in his hand, senior disciples were eyeing him with blatant curiousity. Truthfully, it's the first time they're able to see him upclose. Lan WangJi might have arrived in Lotus Pier few days ago, but he mostly stayed close to Wei WuXian's quarter.

His arrival in YunMeng that day might have been jotted down as part of local history in YunMeng. YunMeng was an average city that mostly vibrant with its market activities. Usually traders come and go to trade off and spent few days to stock up supplies before they left to next destination or return to their hometown.

It was time for everyone to wind down from the busy market and go home for dinner preparation. Many will said it was a peaceful day, when out of nowhere, wind picked up blowing sand and dust into the air. The market centre square suddenly still as everyone waited for the dust to settle.

Then, a few children shouted about a flying cultivator, drawing civilians attention to the white clad figure that later had landed in the center of the mess. Minutes later, their anxiety was rewarded with a sight of stunning looking young cultivators. A pair of young men in similar attires yet opposite black and white colour standing on guard. Upon closer inspection, a young man clad in light blue, later known as one of the Jade of Lan, was busy attending to an injured young man. This injured young man's identity at once triggered the local civilians into frantic.

Children immediately run-off towards the Lotus Pier, while adults firing off questions and offering helps. Minutes passed until most local civilians realized that they've been ignored totally by the second young master Lan, while the other two cultivators politely responded to their questions and offering as best as they could.

Jiang FengMian's POV

Jiang FengMian shuddered whenever he remembered that day.

Flashback

Jiang FengMian was overseeing his disciples evening training when a bunch of children came running through the main gate.

"Lord Jiang! Young master was hurt!" Announced the oldest child amongst them.

"There was a lot of blood!" Another younger one speak up animatedly.

"Come quick!" The more younger children started pulling on Jiang FengMian's robes.

"Where ..." Asked Jiang FengMian in dazed.

"At the market centre!" Answered those children in unison, fidgeting to run-off, but wanting to make sure he follow them immediately.

"Finish up ... Tell my lady to prepare Wei WuXian's quarter and prepare medicines too."

Jiang FengMian didn't wait for a respond. He fleeing after those children. His mind tells Wei WuXian should be alright but his heart disagreed.

"He was alone?" Asked Jiang FengMian to the child that was holding his hand as they ran.

"No, there were other three."

"One in white, one in black." Added another child on his left.

"Another one, in light blue ... he's helping young master," said the oldest child over his shoulder, without slowing down their pace.

'Lan WangJi,'

"What happened?" asked Jiang FengMian to get the inkling of the situation.

"Don't know. They suddenly appeared," was the quiet reply.

Nearing the market centre, Jiang FengMian was faced with a big crowd.

"Coming through!!" Screamed those children as they squeezed in and pushing their way into the crowd.

His eyes first fell on Lan WangJi's figure. The young man's front was half painted with red liquid.

"Lan WangJi,"

"Wei Ying lost a lot of blood." Reported Lan WangJi promptly. His monotonous voice for once shaking.

"Let's bring him back." Whispered Jiang FengMian, Lan WangJi nodded as he took Wei WuXian in his arm effortlessly.

End flashback

Obviously, those disciples heard of his arrival and seen glimpses of him, but it doesn't mean anything if Lan WangJi kept himself beside Wei WuXian most of the time and they're busy with their own practicing for the last few days.

Even the two cultivators, Xiao XingChen and Song Lan were easier to meet. There's also another young man, Xue Yang who came a day earlier, claimed that he was sent by Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi. The tokens he carried with him when he showed up really surprising. Usually custom made Lan jade only for direct decendant of Lan, while a normal jade token will be pass to selected few as show of faith and worthiness. Lan WangJi had a Lan jade token custom made for Wei WuXian, indicating that he's serious with everything he's doing.

Those disciples started to whisper to each other either gossiping or speculating. Interactions between Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian were scrutinized by those disciples. They usually moaned and whined for any hardship given to them by their senior Wei, but they'll stand up for their senior Wei if anything befallen him.

As the lull went on for too long my Lady intervened. Wei WuXian continue with his story, but it's obvious that he's keeping just as much as he's giving. Lan WangJi strumming his zither per Wei WuXian's request, showing his concern in his miniscule way. Knowing who he is and what important to him, I was able to read glimpses of his emotion.

It was fascinating to witness myself when they interact with each other. Wei WuXian seems to anticipate Lan WangJi's reactions by instinct. Meanwhile Lan WangJi merely abide by Wei WuXian's desire most of the time. Remarkably, Wei WuXian never asked for something unusual or outrageous. In fact, most of his request were mundane even by civilian standard. Their behaviour before and after the 'incident' was astounding.

'What did they found in each other?' asked Jiang FengMian to himself, discreetly he took a glimpse at his wife.

_______________&&__________&&___________

A/n - I'm not making any sense again, right? 😆😆😆. Feel free to leave any comments.

Published (6 May 2020)
1006 words