Ch 60 - The Owner (part 3)

A/n - Any twists you found necessary for the story flow. 😉

'abc' - thoughts

abc - previous scenes.

abc - illusion scenes

abc - current scenes
___________________________________________

"Did you hear that?" Lan XiChen turned as he referring to the faint melody. Lan WangJi heard faintly a melody he played for Wei WuXian once while they were trapped in the XuanWu cave.

Lan XiChen turned around, to look back at the image of Wei WuXian thrust in the black sword into the ground. All the echoing noise fell silent and resentment energy gathered to surround the heavily panting Wei WuXian. Lan XiChen thought he saw Wei WuXian's eyes glinting red when their surroundings changed again.
.
.
.

"How are the reciting rules going everyone?" silence blanketed over junior cultivators. Wen Chao raised an eyebrow, "Any volunteer?"

Lan WangJi was resolute in his quiet dignity. Nie HuaiSang threw glances at others hoping they will do something to alleviate his nervousness. Jin ZiXuan looks unaffected from far, but close up he's clenching his jaw subtlety.

"Since there is no volunteer, I'll call the roll. Lan WangJi, Wei WuXian, Jin ZiXuan," said Wen Chao haughty as he sat down on a chair several levels higher than from where all the junior cultivators assembled.

"I can't," said Lan WangJi without preamble.

"It shows that you don't respect the Wen Clan." sneered Wen Chao as he already expecting the outcome. "Wei WuXian and Jin ZiXuan, see how ..."

"I can't, either," replied Jin ZiXuan cutting Wen Chao off. Wen Chao looks sharply on Jin ZiXuan direction. He narrowed his eyes as if searching for inspiration.

"I'll do it!" Said Wei WuXian, putting his hand up in the air. Jiang Cheng turned surprised at Wei WuXian's brazen attitude.

"You had better be able to recite it," warned Wen Chao. "If there is anything wrong, I'll punish you," Wen Chao gave out a smile that promises he'll be entertained by the punishment prepared.

Jin ZiXuan's eyes followed Wei WuXian's action as he did some stretching.

"Did I just escaped from Wen Chao's wrath?" Muttered Jin ZiXuan amazed.

"Wei-xiong is just wonderful," praised Nie HuaiSang with no small amount of admiration. Jiang Cheng obviously was listening to their quiet interactions as he scoffed slightly.

Wen Chao narrowed his eyes again impatient. "Are you going to recite or not?" He gritted his teeth irritated.

"Alright, hold your horses. I'm getting to it now." Wei WuXian started to walk back and forth in front of the assembly. He's preparing himself for a solo show.

"No killing within the boundary. Fighting without permission is prohibited. Be respectful and humble. Don't praise yourself and slander others." Jin ZiXuan perks slightly at Wei WuXian's solemn recite of familiar code of conducts. " Perform acts of chivalry. Do not take advantage of your position to oppress others."

Nie HuaiSang was trying hard to cover his snickered. He discreetly took a glance at Wen Chao and he wasn't disappointed by the sour face he saw.

"Be of one mind. Have courage and knowledge. Have courtesy and integrity. Have affection and gratefulness. Uphold the value of justice. No promiscuity. Causing noise is prohibited. No running, no smiling foolishly, no arrogance, no alcohol. Sitting improperly is prohibited. Do not work after 9 pm. Do not rise after 5 am." Wei WuXian continued to recite with valour.