Ch 53 - Mission (part 2)

A/n - Hello, everyone!! I'm well aware that it's been long since my last update. I do have ideas to share, but because I've been conducting many online classes during MCO, it's easily made me lost the mood to write. 😞😞

___________________________________________

Jiang Cheng frowned at the sight of his sister walking dazedly. It was rare for his sister to let her guard down so easily like other girls. Even when they were back in their own manor, Jiang YanLi seldom walking aimlessly.

Many of their household workers admires her for her attitude. She's gentle, caring and wise. Whatever she does always with purpose, even when she claimed otherwise.

"Jie, what is it that occupying your mind?" Questioned Jiang Cheng as he approached his sister. Jiang YanLi glanced at him, blinks her eyes and suddenly Jiang Cheng is seeing an angelic face of her as usual.

"A-Cheng! I've just returned from walking by the waterfall," answered Jiang YanLi, waiting idly as her brother walk closer.

"You went by yourself ..." Jiang Cheng frowned slightly. "Why didn't ask me to accompany you?"

"If you were there, A-Cheng ... I won't get such wonderful news," replied Jiang YanLi a knowing smile blossoming on her lips.

"News from whom? Mother? Father?" Jiang Cheng promptly turned and put his hand on his sister's shoulders, blocking her way.

"Do you know ... That after all those rumours, the truth finally came out and it's so wonderful that I'm still thinking it was merely a dream." Jiang YanLi started in a dreaming like voice. Jiang Cheng blinked and inspect his sister's visage.

"Jie, you're scaring me. Why did you talking like this?" A tinkling laughter surrounded them.

"Sorry, your reaction was priceless! It's no wonder A-Xian like to endlessly tease you," Jiang YanLi patted Jiang Cheng's arm to placate him.

"Jie!"

"Alright, I'll tell you ... I met young master Jin ZiXuan while I was walking by the waterfall."

"What had happened?" Asked Jiang Cheng curious.

"He gave me this ..." Jiang YanLi took out a folded handkerchief. She revealed an exquisite jade bangle. "He said he would like to court me,"

"He finally said that?" Snorted Jiang Cheng. "Took him long enough ... WuXian and I wanted to give him a good beating soon if he still being a stuck up peacock," revealed Jiang Cheng.

"A-Cheng ... That's not--"

"Don't worry, jie. As long as he know his manners and didn't hurt you, he'll be fine," Jiang YanLi smiles at the reassurance her brother gave.

"Give him some chance ... I'm sure he won't disappoint you,"

"That depends on his performance,"

"Wei ... WuXian!!" Wen Chao called out gleefully. "It's rare to meet you alone without your 'guardian'."

Wei WuXian merely look at the second young master Wen disinterested. He prefers to think plans for escape than dealing with a spoilt young master.

"What was wrong ... You rebelling against him or he finally realized that you're not worth his time?" Wen Chao smirked as he taunting Wei WuXian with his aggravating voice. Wen Chao came too close, invading upon Wei WuXian's privacy.

He tried to discreetly shift and pulled on muscles. Wei WuXian gritted his teeth and closed his eyes, thought he might be able to block out the soreness better.