Ch 57 - Reunite ... reunion ... unity? (part 3)

Xiao XingChen sat on the chair speechless. Song Lan still standing but he was not in any better condition. Both of them had been going around looking for the wrong person. They had in many occasions observing young maidens in the manor and even stopping a few of them to ask!

"I'm so sorry that this issue had become such a burden to both of you. I suggest that you rest early for tonight."

"Lord Jiang ... It was not a burden. We just trying to help young master Wei, because it seems very important for him to meet his fiance," although reeling at the shocking truth, Xiao XingChen still has the mind to be polite to his host.

"They're important to each other," agreed Jiang FengMian easily.

"We'll take on your offer to rest early." Song Lan followed Xiao XingChen in dazed.

"Yes, if there is anything you need, just ask from the helpers."

_-_-_

Huge double doors as thick as half a metre pushed open with great force from inside to admit Wen Chao. Lately, the heat was increasing and the resentment energy getting dense too. Those corpse puppets had doubled and aimlessly walking sluggishly around the once-majestic hall.

"What is it?" A middle-aged man sitting on the landing halfway leading to the stone throne.

"Father, what happened to you lately? You seldom left the hall anymore," Wen Chao hastily bowing to greet.

"I'm busy cultivating ... Those yin metal pieces are not easy to handle." Wen RuoHan replied harshly. Wen Chao frown to hear the heavy breathing from his father.

"Father, should I summon Wen Qing and her brother back? I'm worried about your health," crackling if the spitfire and the bubbling lava distracting him easily.

"No need. What about Xue Yang ... Any news of him?"

"I've sent men out to trace him but none have news of him. Xue Yang's always left mayhem wherever he goes ... I'm afraid he might have been dealt with by someone." Wen Chao reported, carefully watching his father's reaction. Wen RuoHan stands and slowly ascending the stairs.

"I've heard something happened at the Slaughtering XuanWu Cave and you have ordered people to investigate. What did they find?" Wen Chao looks up nervous, knowing he has to deliver the unfavourable news.

"They found out the XuanWu was dead," Wen Chao flinched once Wen RuoHan halted.

"How could it be? The Slaughtering XuanWu was the holy creature of Xue ChongHai ... It was still alive until now because it's not easy to be killed."

"After further investigation, it seems something had sealed the Slaughtering XuanWu in the cave all this time. The culprit who killed it was unknown." Wen Chao dropped his gaze as Wen RuoHan descending.

"What about the object that sealed XuanWu?" Asked Wen RuoHan. His breathing increases agitated by the bad news he heard.

"It was gone," Wen Chao quickly relays. A swing of Wen RuoHan's hand and Wen Chao flew to the back a few metres.

"There was supposed to be guards nearby, impossible they don't have any clue!" Screamed Wen RuoHan angrily.

Wen Chao crawled back to the bottom of the staircase, "Father, actually I'm here to give reports of the assignment you gave us."

"Let's hear it," Wen RuoHan narrowed his eyes and ascending the staircase again.

"A few days ago, brother and I confronted one of the Lan Jade, HanGuang-Jun and Wei WuXian. We tried to catch them separately but HanGuang-Jun was unexpectedly quite well-versed in his swordsmanship."