Ch 62 - It's Messed Up (part 2)

A/n - Hello! A short update, hopefully you'll enjoy! 😘😘😘

'abc' - thoughts

abc - previous scenes.

abc - illusion scenes

abc - current scenes

<abc> - spirits conversation
___________________________________________

"I want to know," said Lan WangJi.

Wei WuXian sighed. "It was not important. It won't--" Wei WuXian tensed. He turned to look to the other side of the room that still half-filled with fog. Lan WangJi stared ahead searching for the reason his beloved acted cautiously. A pair of dim globes could be seen floating among the fog.

"A-Xian, are you alright?" Jiang YanLi rushes to her brother's side, touching his pale cheek.

Lan WangJi felt the arms around his waist tightening.

"Shijie," Wei WuXian gave a wan smile.

"You're quite warm."Jiang YanLi remarked, pulling back slightly. Lan WangJi didn't show any reaction to her invading their privacy, but she know her boundaries.

"I'm feeling fine, shijie. A bit tired, but this was expected considering all that had happened for the last couples of weeks," Wei WuXian smile softly at his worrying sister.

"You still can smile and comfort others. Most people might be crumbled under the stress." Jiang YanLi sighed with a bittersweet smile. She loves her brother to be happy go lucky, but sometimes he took it too seriously and too far. She dreaded for the day his actions will become his own doom.

Lan WangJi had been silently communicate with his brother, while the Nie MingJue and Jiang FengMian were observing them in frustration and fascination respectfully. It's quite hilarious but they endured it for the moment.

"Shijie, do you want to know my secret on how to handle all those accumulated stress?" Asked Wei WuXian with an innocent expression.

Lan WangJi immediately turned his attention to Wei WuXian. "Wei Ying," his tone was light and casual, but Wei WuXian frowned instantly.

"Lan Zhan," replied Wei WuXian childishly.

"Wei Ying," tone lower accompanied with pointed look from Lan WangJi, Wei WuXian pouted and sighed.

"Such a spoilsport," Wei WuXian muttered as he fastening his hug all the same. Jiang YanLi looking at them in confusion trying to understand the conversation. Then, she chuckled at the adorable scene.

"I think ... I know that secret already, A-Xian," declared Jiang YanLi looking meaningful at Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian's interaction.

"Shijie ..." Wei WuXian trailed his response as his mind replaying their interactions. "What was ... Could you tell me the secret you have found?" Asked Wei WuXian anxious.

"It's so obvious, A-Xian,"

"What is that secret, YanLi-Jie?" Nie HuaiSang whispered interested.

"It's Lan-er Gongzi, of course! He has taken care of A-Xian all this time without fail,"

"Of course, " Jin ZiXuan deadpanned. He glared at Wei WuXian, feeling injustice at having Jiang YanLi's attention while he already has had Lan WangJi's attention. His self fuming has been interrupted once he noticed Lan WangJi practically covering Wei WuXian's body with his sleeve. Jin ZiXuan had to step back at the intense glare he received from Lan WangJi.