Ch 6 - Early

"Your current Wei WuXian ... no. Another Wei WuXian ... yes." Jiang YanLi widened her eyes astonished at the tiny smile that bloom on the cold jade visage.

                       _. _. _. _. _.

    "Does your mind is really sane?"
Jiang Cheng scowling as he's feeling insecure.

    "A-Cheng, do you realize what you've just said?" chided Jiang FengMian. "I'm sorry, HanGuang-Jun ... He's always run with his mouth whenever he's irritated,"

   "Yes ... I've been told the same," said Lan WangJi flatly.

   Jiang YanLi ignore her brother's indignant gasp, in favour of interrogating Lan WangJi. "You've said ... another Wei WuXian ... ?" Jiang YanLi glance at her adopted brother.

    "There really are two Wei-xiong?" Nie HuaiSang cut into the conversation, flapping his hand fan open. Jin ZiXuan tried his best to appear disinterested, but his eyes gleam with curiosity.

    Lan WangJi spare a glance at each of them before his eyes rested on the figure on his bed. Unbidden, his fingers started plucking notes on his guqin.

     "Could you keep away your guqin and answer my sister's question?"

    Lan WangJi didn't even bat an eye or twitch at Jiang Cheng's provoke. He merely rested his hands on his guqin to stop any lingering sounds.

    "I prefer to meditate before facing any of you about this, but I know that's impossible. Thus, I choose to face the music."

    "We're still here, waiting for your explanation." Jin ZiXuan pointed out looking at him challengingly.

    "It's been a long time since I remembering those years. I'll need to have better recollection of those events and .."

    "I told you to just answer my sister!"

    "You should be more patience, Jiang Cheng." a hoarse voice reprimand lightly.

                    ~~~~~~~~~~

    The sandalwood fragrance that always lingers around Jingshi soothes his nerves. He always savours the feeling of serene that he associated with Cloud Recesses. As he regain his other senses, he could hear people bickering.

    'Bickering ... ?' he opens his eyes and he recognised the clouds motives decor that is so familiar. 'People bickering in Jingshi?' he thought astonished. He turns his head slightly and his gaze caught by twin honey brown eyes. Lan WangJi didn't show any reaction that he's aware Wei WuXian is awake, instead he begins to strumming. After a few notes, Jiang Cheng cut in, followed by Jin ZiXuan egging on Lan WangJi.

   Ever the twin Lan Jade, Lan WangJi monotonously trying to explain himself, but Jiang Cheng only getting fire up.

    "You should be more patience, Jiang Cheng." a hoarse voice reprimand lightly. "Lan Zhan is not talkative. If you listen calmly ... You'll be able to hear the stories." reason the weak voice further.

    Without a glance, Lan WangJi command, "Rest,"

    "HanGuang-Jun, I've rest enough," protest Wei WuXian.

    "Rest," repeat Lan WangJi

    "Lan WangJi, you'll need me --" he trying again to fight his case.

    Those twin honey brown eyes regards Wei WuXian, "Rest," Lan WangJi said insistently.

    "Lan Zhan!" He whines softly, as he tried to sit with the support of his sore limbs. Seeing Wei WuXian is determined to be awake, Lan WangJi stood up and quickly stride over to assist him.

     "You should rest, Wei Ying," Lan WangJi mutter under his breath, his eyes downcast, expression softened. Although Wei WuXian know the strength those arms possesses, he was handled tenderly as he was guided to sit and reclined on the headbed.

     "How do you feel, A-Xian?" Jiang FengMian standing behind Lan WangJi. He regards Wei WuXian critically.

     "I feel better, uncle,"Wei WuXian tilt down his head, and he gasp as he pulling on the muscles over his chest. His right hand fly to cover over the spot. Meanwhile, Lan WangJi straightening his back and stare at the offending spot.

     "Phantom pain," exclaim Lan WangJi than asking. A gentle smile blossoming on Wei WuXian's face to alleviate any concerns. Honey brown eyes caught his gaze and this time, Wei WuXian is able to read the swirling emotions in them.

     He first time met with Lan WangJi when he came to the Cloud Recesses with his adopted siblings to sit for lectures by Master Lan QiRen. They've known each other for months by now, and Wei WuXian is sure Lan WangJi never show those emotions in his eyes. Not even one of those emotions.

     Those are emotions that not supposed to take place in those set of eyes right now.

     'Should I ask?'  he mull over the idea. Slight pain resonance with each beats of his heart, but he ignores. He sighs softly trying to clear his head.

     "Young master Wei," he opens his eyes and wondered when he had them closed. Lan XiChen's gentle face looking down at him, asking "What was the last memory you remember?"

     "The last ... memory ... " he involuntarily repeats after Lan XiChen as his mind wanders, looking out the window.  Seeing as Wei WuXian is occupied, Lan WangJi stands up wanting to take some water for him. Wei WuXian is deep in his mind, but slight movement of fabric in his hand had him grab onto it and pull.

     Rustling of robes and several gasps snapped Wei WuXian from his contemplation. When he turn his gaze into the room, he blinks. Lan XiChen is holding his younger brother by both arms to support him from falling backwards. His siblings and the other young masters staring in shock. Even his uncle Jiang looks surprised.

     "I'm alright, xiong zhang," Lan WangJi composed himself, making Lan XiChen released his support.

     "A-xian ... Do you realize what have you done, just now?"

     "I did something ...?" Whispers Wei WuXian as he tilt his head and stare back innocently. His uncle look into his eyes and pointedly look down. He frowns and look down too. His eyes widened once he noticed the innocently white forehead ribbon in his grasp.

______________________________________  
N/a - Writer blocks quite hard to overcome. Hope the results is worth of your precious time. 💓