Ch 18 - Yiling Patriarch

A/n - I've told someone that my muse might have been exhausted this week after posting the last previous four chapters ...
🤭🤭 But here's another chapter ... Enjoy!!

There's a clip video I found and want to share 👆
______________________________________

"Lan XiChen ... I've just realised that your brother, Lan WangJi is acting quite different." Nie MingJue mulling over the tea he is drinking.

"Different, Nie MingJue?" Lan XiChen put down the teapot he's holding.

"He's still wearing that cold jade visage, but ... he said something ..." the frown on Nie MingJue's brows become deeper.

"What did he said?" Lan XiChen asked interested. He loves to know every little bit of his brother. People always said he's doted on his brother.

"I quote ' I have all the rights to sentence him and his descendants because of what he nearly did to Wei WuXian.' Then, before he left, 'Wei WuXian won't approve the injustice of it.' I just don't get it ... And it keep nagging me. I know there's something about it that I've missed,"

Lan XiChen is quiet for minutes. When he looks up, he noticed Jiang FengMian looking at him, smiling knowingly.

"There's something you wanted to share, Uncle Jiang," it's been a long time since Lan XiChen address Jiang FengMian as that. Jiang FengMian is very close friend to his father, just like Wei WuXian's father.

Jiang FengMian put his index finger on his lips and glancing around. Nie MingJue gripping hard on his Baxia. Lan XiChen frowns deeply.

There's someone else present.

Jiang FengMian take a brush and dipped in the ink. Gracefully, he wrote something. "It's just ... this gathering remind this old me of my long forgotten memories,"

"What memories, Uncle Jiang?" Lan XiChen join the game, but he's waiting curiously to read what Jiang FengMian is writing.

"Ahh.. memories how your father, Wei WuXian's father and I used to sat and exchanging stories." Add Jiang FengMian airily.

"That must be quite a memory," said Nie MingJue finally able to join. Jiang FengMian put down his brush.

"It's happy memories, Clan Leader Nie," smiling softly, Jiang FengMian read whatever he wrote and nodded satisfied. "I'll take my leave first ... There'll be many to discuss tomorrow."

"Yes, I'll drink and catch up with my friend here," Nie MingJue laughing at the knowing smirk on Jiang FengMian. Lan XiChen had long been ignoring them, as he is reading the letter Jiang FengMian left on the table.

"Yes, you do that,"

Lan XiChen read and rereading the letter slower before he pass the letter to Nie MingJue speechless. In the candle lighting, Lan XiChen look pale, staring unseeing into his cup of tea.

...

Since its a big crime, the court being held in the Cerulean Ancient Hall. It's an open court, attend by most of disciples.

Of course, Jin GuangShan had been escorted in by four senior disciples.

"Ahh ... You're quite obsess with me. Then, you kind of kidnap and tried to do unspeakable things to me," Wei WuXian pointed his bamboo flute at the disheveled Jin GuangShan. Four Gusu Lan disciples guarding him each holding a specialised Gusu Lan rope which is tied around Jin GuangShan.

"You're such beauty... A rare, dark beauty... I must have you no matter what!!" Jin GuangShan is talking like a deranged person.

"Oh, HanGuang-Jun ... " Wei WuXian sing song as he turns around and dropped himself on Lan WangJi's table. "You didn't tell stories of the Demonic Cultivation, yet ... Right?"

"Is it necessary?"

"That's ... HanGuang-Jun, it's the climax, don't you think?"

"Climax of what? Your success or your destruction?" retort Lan WangJi bitterly.

"I'm being objective here, HanGuang-Jun," reminded Wei WuXian softly but ringing clear throughout the quiet room. Lan WangJi's eyes widened before it closes. Seeing that Lan WangJi is composing himself, Wei WuXian turns towards the Clan Leaders.

"I know, some of you must have been wondering why no judgement yet. The crime committed was obvious and quite severe." Wei WuXian walk a few steps, his body swaying sassily. Jiang Cheng look at him outrageous, but he merely wink in mischief.

"That's right!" Nie MingJue loud voice booming.

'Ahh ... bless you, Clan Leader Nie,'

"As we all know the perpetrator quite well, don't you think it's fair to give trial? " Wei WuXian stops and pivot, twirling a bamboo flute like an old habit.

"To help him find excuse to escape?"

"No ... I'm sure that we all need a closure or something. I can't tolerate injustice ... well," Wei WuXian explain slowly as if he's talking to a bunch of toddlers.

"Let me guess ... HanGuang-Jun's influence?" Mumbles Jin ZiXuan quietly.

"I have nothing to do with it," said Lan WangJi sounded scandalous, looking sideways at the surprised Jin ZiXuan.

"Oh, I've just got this idea!" exclaim Wei WuXian excitedly like a small child.

"What are you ... Five years old?" Jiang Cheng can't help but asked scowling at the scene his adopted brother is making. Wei WuXian pivot to facing his adopted siblings.

"Xian Xian is three ... " Wei WuXian show his three fingers pouting. Jiang YanLi hide her chuckles behind her sleeve.

"Alright, A-Xian. Enough playing around ... You want to share something with us?" Jiang YanLi gently asked, subtly signaling Jiang Cheng to stop his retort. A dazzling smile return, albeit softened by his slightly pale appearance.

"Thank you, shijie ... You're finally smiling." Their siblings moment was short though.

"Wei WuXian!! Come here and let me have you !!" scream Jin GuangShan pulling and twisting in his bind. Wei WuXian stare unemotionally at Jin GuangShan for seconds before he glance at Lan WangJi.

"Why not ... Let Yiling Patriarch meet him,"
_____________________________________

A/n - Please vote and leave any comments if you like this chapter.

💖💖 Thanks for all your support.

Published ( 10 November 2019)
939 words