Ch 5 - Time travel ... anyone?

Lan WangJi looks up only to throw his gaze far at the bamboo forest surrounded Jingshi. "Young Master Wei's behaviour is different after the Caiyi town." He mutters softly.

"Different? A-Li and A-Cheng didn't say anything ..." Jiang FengMian frowns worriedly, while his children glancing at each other in confusion.

"None of you would have known what to look for ..." Lan WangJi sigh heavily. Lan XiChen feeling helpless at the expression display on his brother's face. It's barely there, but years of hard work deciphering his younger brother's face expression really rewarding.

"Second Young Master Lan, you've just knew Wei WuXian for a few months ... How would you know him better than us?" Asked Jiang Cheng suspiciously. "He's been living with us for years ... If I can't detect any difference in his behaviour ... My sister surely will know." Protest Jiang Cheng haughtily.

Lan WangJi look at the three Jiang family members indifferently. He then throw his look at the other two young masters sitting quietly observing everything. Lastly, he looks up at his Clan Leader ... Most importantly, his elder brother. This time, Lan XiChen truly surprise until he blurted out, "Who are you?"

"Lan WangJi," answer his younger brother coldly, but Lan XiChen noticed gleam of amusement in his eyes.

"WangJi?"

"It's unbecoming of you to behave like this, xiong zhang," chided Lan WangJi as he stands up, and left Jingshi.

* * * * * * * *

Lan XiChen staring at his younger brother from a far. His brother is strumming his guqin, playing a melody that he didn't recognize. Wei WuXian still lying on the bed since after the attack yesterday. Ever since they heard him talked in his sleep there's not even a little movement from Wei WuXian. He just lying there as prone as dead body.

The ambience that is filling the Jingshi almost transcendental. Even Jiang FengMian whose quite anxious to check on Young Master Wei is keep rooted by the Jingshi's gate entrance. The melody is hard to decipher it as either happy or sad. Lan XiChen contemplating to leave when he noticed that the melody had been cut off.

"Get lost! Get Lost!" A hoarse voice scream.

"A-Xian," exclaim Jiang FengMian, nearing Jingshi. Their dash halted near the main door to witness Wei WuXian sitting on the bed struggling against Lan WangJi, but he's not conscious. He's so pale that there's blue hues on his lips.

"Wei Ying!" Lan WangJi call softly and Wei WuXian immediately stopped struggling. His eyelashes fluttering against his cheeks and after struggling, his eyes opened half lidded. Those twin silver pools empty and unseeingly.

They can see his weak body is shivering, although his forehead is sweating. "It's too quiet ... Lan Zhan, sing for me," requested Wei WuXian with shaky voice, weakly. Lan WangJi looks up at Wei WuXian's face, he touches his back hand on those clammy forehead and pushes him to lying down on the bed again.

"Anything, Wei Ying ... Just get well soon." Agreed Lan WangJi before he start humming. After a while, Lan XiChen recognised it as the same unknown melody played by his brother minutes ago.

'What's going on, WangJi?'

* " * " * " * "

Lunch just finished and they all gathered at Jingshi. Lan WangJi had excused himself, that he needed to get books from Library Pavilion.

The three young masters are enjoying the scenery in the Jingshi's private garden. Jiang YanLi is attending to Wei WuXian, wiping his face, neck and hands of sweats and grimes. Inwardly, she suspects that her action is unnecessary. Her adopted brother currently is wearing different inner clothes, as his clothes are washed and folded neatly on the cupboard beside the bed. Jiang YanLi stands up to carry away the water and wet cloth when Wei WuXian become restless.