Ch 4 - To believe or not?

The scene inside the barrier is as it should be, except for the two teenagers they are searching for. Wei WuXian who is on the ground, with his head lean on Lan WangJi's shoulder. Second Young Master Lan's arm encircling Wei WuXian's upper body, Bichen in hand.

"WangJi," calls Lan XiChen as he approaches the two teenagers.

"Leader Jiang, Uncle and brother," Lan WangJi bow down his head to show his respect, although his movement is limited.

"Explain, WangJi!" Order Lan QiRen strictly.

"There's nothing to be explained, uncle." With his placid face, Lan WangJi calmly reply. Unsurprisingly the reply only engender the elder Lan to acting up more.

"What do you mean nothing!? This situation obviously call for an explaination!" shriek Lan QiRen, as he leer at Wei WuXian with disdain. Bichen suddenly was drawn and it flew slightly too close to pass Lan QiRen's temple, flying toward the mass of resentment energy that came too close to the group of disciples that followed. Lan QiRen blinking his eyes shocked.

"Please be calm ... Don't feed the resentment energy with your negative feeling." warn Lan WangJi after he sheathed the returned Bichen.

"Uncle,I think it's better if leader Jiang and I handle this first. I'll report it to you later," suggest Lan XiChen to his uncle, as he subtly point at other young disciples that unnecessarily getting involved.

"You're right, cannot let others to be slacking." agreed Lan QiRen simultaneously turns to address a group of young disciples and give order for them to follow him. However, Jin ZiXuan and Nie HuaiSang had pull out cards as young master of their Sect to stay and try to help.

Lan XiChen feel more than seeing Lan WangJi ease slightly once most disciples and their uncle left Jingshi's compound.

"WangJi ... what happened to young master Wei?" Lan XiChen look into his brother's eyes, which are sharp and determine. A slight narrow of his eyes, as he recall and a slow head shakes indicates that he's either unaware of the caused or unsure ...

Jiang FengMian purposefully approaches intending to take Wei WuXian from Lan WangJi.

"His spiritual energy low," informed Lan WangJi softly the moment Jiang FengMian is kneeling beside him.

A spark of concern in those pair of mellow eyes. "Low? How low is his spiritual energy?"

Gently Lan XiChen take hold of Wei WuXian's hand and put two fingers on the inside of his wrist. "It's barely there," answers Lan XiChen surprised.

"What could possibly make him lost that much of his spiritual energy?"

"The resentment energy went through him," Lan WangJi fill in both sect leaders in low tones.

"Resentment energy ran through him ... " repeats Jiang FengMian "That's how his spiritual energy getting too low." affirmed Jiang FengMian. He swiftly cast his eyes, to address his fellow sect leader, but rattled to the core to perceive the young man which is bracing Wei WuXian from laying on the ground, sedately transferring his spiritual energy. Lan XiChen joined Jiang FengMian in bemuse.

"WangJi ... Transferring spiritual energy is not something to be taken lightly." comment Lan Sect leader.

"That's right, if not compatible ..."