Ch 75 - Spirited Away

A/n - I'm not sure if this make sense, but ... Enjoy your reading 😊

"Did you have a nice dream?" Those cackles somewhere in the background had Wei WuXian's blood chilled, "I just returned and the first thing I heard was my father's interest in you again. This was not the first time nor it was second ... His obsession over you made I, Wen Chao curious too,"

Wei WuXian was trying to keep Wen Chao in his sight. He seriously thought of this situation as déjà vu. Wen Chao held him captive once in one of the villages and he was found by his martial uncle. This time, being held captive in his captor's territory, the possibility of someone found him and free him was not so bright.

"I have many suspicions about you," Wen Chao dramatically dragging each word for each step he took, back and fro, "Then ... We received a piece of news that you've been betrothed to Lan WangJi, as his cultivation partner. That cold, rigid and emotionally stunted Lan WangJi was tied to rebellious and impossibly cheery Wei WuXian. Isn't that mysterious?"

"Can't we get straight to the point?" Asked Wei WuXian, not in the mood of listening to nonsense. Especially when dizzy spell and nausea had decided to make a comeback together this morning.

"I'm merely curious and baffled as to the reason you've been betrothed to Lan WangJi. Aren't both of you like fire and water? You can't stand each other, right?"

Wei WuXian might believe that Wen Chao has peculiar chatty side after he waked up disoriented and his morning sickness didn't make things easier. Yet, his instinct was on alert. Something was wrong, he's missing something in this weird conversation.

'Why ... '

"Why I didn't hear you putting up a fight over the betrothal? You're willing to be  looked down by him? Are you a masochistic or something?"

"Why do you care about our betrothal?" challenged Wei WuXian once the dizziness and nausea had lower down to a bearable level. Morning sickness not recommended while being held captive and restrained.

"Lan WangJi always look down on you, as if you're a disgusting bug. Why do you have to be the one betrothed to him!?"

.
.
.
.
.

In another part in the Nightless City ...

"I knew it! I knew that something like this will happen." Jiang Cheng started throwing tantrum, while being watched by Nie HuaiSang and Jin ZiXuan.

"You knew, yet you didn't warn us," protest Nie HuaiSang distressed. Looking at Jiang Cheng highly strung with anxiousness and angry rant, he can't sit down himself and join walking back and fro, albeit losing the agitation and much more elegant.

"Are you going to blame me for not warning you? How naive you could be ... Aren't you Nie HuaiSang, the only younger brother of Nie MingJue, The Red Blade master!?" As usual, Jiang Cheng didn't care if his words might hurt others.

"We're Nie brothers, but I'm not my brother. Even twins have different temperaments and characteristics." Countered Nie HuaiSang heatedly.

"What was the point for both of you having a verbal fight, right now?" Jin ZiXuan muttered disbelief. He take a look again at the letter abandoned by Lan WangJi on the table. "At least someone was quick to react although he can

.
.
.
.
.

"Why you have to be the one betrothed to him!? "

Wen Chao's shout accompanied by a fiery slap on Wei WuXian's right cheek. The blister formed made his cheek stinging with the burn. Nevertheless, the burn from the slap can't compare to the icy cold realization that engulfed Wei WuXian at Wen Chao's next rant as he slowly fell into oblivion.