Ch 64 - It's a trip (part 1)

A/n - Drop your comment whenever necessary. Enjoy! 😊😉

In the middle of nowhere, Wen Chao leisurely ride his horse through the jungle. Occasionally, he'll take glances at the group of his subordinates trailed after him.

Whenever he's not looking, he heard useless talk. The moment he turned around, all those useless talks ceased to be heard. He often takes such excursion but never encounters this kind of irritating situation.

Once or twice, he can dismiss it ... But it's been more than ten times. Besides, it doesn't sound like normal conversation either. The talk he heard like mocking him, it's loud enough for him to overhear yet indistinguishable to understand the contents.

"Halt!"

"Gongzi ...?" the footman nearest to the haughty young man immediately asked puzzled. He caught soft giggles which quickly left by the breeze.

"Wen ZhuLiu ... Did you hear that?" the stoic man look pensive for seconds.

"I didn't hear anything out of place. What is it that you hear?" the question carefully asked knowing that the mood was a bit unbalanced.

"Maybe ... just the wind," Wang JingLiao joined the conversation, but her nervousness was clear as her eyes darted around.

Wen Chao sighed, "Do you think this place alright for rest?" he pointed at the clearing they're coincidentally stopped at.

"Let me scout around," Wen ZhuLiu unmounted his horse, passing the reign to the disciple nearby. He walked around the clearing once before he went further to scout the area surrounding the clearing.

"Is it safe?" Asked Wang JingLiao, clinging onto Wen Chao's arm. Wen Chao keeps quiet as he was watching his surroundings. A few minutes passed and Wen ZhuLiu returned with a full waterskin.

"I found a stream towards the South West," reported Wen ZhuLiu.

"We rest here for today." Announced Wen Chao to his troop. He dismounted his horse and passed the reign over to his footman.

"When do you think we will reach our destination?"

"Why? Tired already?"

"Truthfully ... I'm bored. There's nothing I can do except riding the horse,"

"You should enjoy the scenery ... You can't get this kind of scenery in Nightless city."

.
.
.

"Wait ... Where were you around this moment, HanGuang-Jun?" Unexpectedly it was Jiang YanLi who was asking.

It takes a few seconds for Lan WangJi to answer, "Jingshi."

Jiang YanLi stared at Lan WangJi, trying to decipher the short answer. She must have given up, when she asked, "Aren't both of you very close? I have thought you'd be there to help him out."

"I can't,"

"Can't or you won't?" Jiang Cheng sneered.

"I can't," replied Lan WangJi unperturbed.

"You were in seclusion," Lan XiChen stated after he sorted out the information. Lan WangJi didn't reply to his brother's statement, but his refusal to make eye contact had cemented the truth of the statement.

Miàoshǒu-lao stands and signals to Wen Ning for his box equipment. "I'll be back after a few days to examine him again. His lethargic could be because of the stress from his recent injuries or other unknown trauma." Concluded the old healer.

"Thank you, Miàoshǒu-lao," Lan WangJi stands to send the old healer out.

"Bear in mind ... Pregnancy for each female always different. Take into the factor that he's a male ... and very young too." Advice Miàoshǒu-lao.