Ch 74 - Archenemy

A/n - Without further ado, please enjoy and leave any comments anywhere you like 😉. Thanks for your support 🥰

"At least he look tamed ... Compared to Wen Chao," mumbled Nie HuaiSang, his eyes following a pair of butterflies dancing among the flower bushes. He never imagined that there's such a scene in Nightless City. The inner garden was just like in other clans' mansions. There is a fish pond, walking pathways, bushes of flowers with occasional shady trees and at least a gazebo.

"Who was that? Clan Leader Wen? HuaiSang ... are we still talking about the same person or ... you're talking about someone that caught your eyes?" Wei WuXian looked at his past partner-in-crime with an incredulous expression plastered on his face. Secretly, Wei WuXian was feeling elated because currently, his friend still fairly innocent. He hopes he'll be able to help his friend when it's time for him and his brother, Clan Leader Nie MingJue, to face difficult matters concerning their Clan or family in general.

In response to the comment, Nie HuaiSang snapped open his folding fan to hide his horror face. "Wei-xiong, don't tease me like that!" Hissed Nie HuaiSang flustered. Unlike Wei WuXian, he was well aware that he felt attractions on both genders. He appreciates the beauty both genders could harbour, that he understood each genders uniqueness according to the temperament they undergo.

"Believe me, you wouldn't want to be in the same room as him," said Wei WuXian wagging his pointed finger, stressing the importance of his words. 'Especially by yourself. There's no guarantee he won't devour you,' flashes of old dark memories made him shivers involuntarily. Nie HuaiSang much more effeminate and therefore, his appreciation for arts and literature were not unfounded. Particularly the hand fan, Wei WuXian pretty sure it was his friend's craft. Not the frame, but the drawing.

"Two weeks ago, you mentioned the troop Wen Chao took with him had entered your illusion arrays," Jin ZiXuan joined the conversation as he took a seat opposite Wei WuXian. "Any news what had happened after that?" The gaze directed at Wei WuXian revealed curiosity and slightly anxiety at the unknown.

It is hard for Jin Zi Xuan to accept that someone like Wei WuXian without any strong background, hold an important role. Nevertheless, he's not so obstinate. His clan teaching might differ but that doesn't mean he can't accept any good argument. If being flexible regarding certain rules can benefit the Jin Sect and civilians, it shall be done.

"He just escaped a few hours ago," said Wei WuXian a little bit too flippant. He didn't have the heart to punish Wen Chao and his mistress. In his opinion, those two were merely spoilt brats with very bad education. He might try to educate them though. If it doesn't work, he'll just channel the Yiling Patriarch.

"Where he was heading to?" Asked Nie HuaiSang alarmed. His fan instantly folded and grasped in his left hand. "Is he continuing his journey or ... " Wei WuXian stares at the other young master that could be considered spoilt, but because of his big brother's imposing nature, he still able to learn good manners which curbed his behaviour somewhat.

"He's coming back home," answered Wei WuXian, sipping some warm tea. Wei WuXian keeps reminding himself that not everything can be controlled by humans. The most meticulous plan could be ruined if you take light regarding the force of fate and destiny.

"Home?" Echoed Jiang Cheng with a strange expression on his face.

"I'm expecting him to arrive anytime now, depending on the pace he was taking," added Wei WuXian uncaring with the effect his information had caused. Tightening the string too much could break the bow. His revelation left others many things to sort out.

Unlike Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian, Jiang Cheng, Nie HuaiSang and Jin ZiXuan were adapting to the situation. They're taking things much better and didn't freak out too much. There's always extra room for improvement.