Ch 10 - Engage

A/n - Thank you so much for all that had voted. Also thank you to those that dropped comments to my story. Enjoy reading.

___________&&_________&&____________

Chirping of birds greets Wei WuXian as he opens his eyes. Sandalwood fragrance mixed with the crisp morning air that he always associated with Jingshi.

His body still sore, lethargic and the persistence headache still hurting his head, but it's bearable that he can ignore it.

After he woke up to the bickering of Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng, his body felt so lethargic. He could left the bed only after he did some meditation to regulate his spiritual energy. He's not sure whether Lan WangJi aware of his ailment.

Hopefully he's not ... Or it'll be quite embarrassing to be caught by his family members . Explaining the situation also will be a hassle.

'Besides, Lan Zhan and I need to talk about our relationship first. We also need to discuss of our situation.' as Wei WuXian contemplating, someone enter Jingshi.

Wei WuXian observes the person whose striding in rather than walking in. His white mourning clothes fluttering around him as he move. Cloud ornament adorning his impassive features while its long white ribbon flowing down along his silky black hair. The morning sunlight that bathing him enhance his ethereal ambience.

As Wei WuXian silently admiring the person he love, he startled to hear whispers. Those whispers are echoing with each other make him unable to decipher anything. Wei WuXian try to move or say something, as his chest constricting.

'HanGuang-Jun,' whispers Wei WuXian in his heart when suddenly his eyes closing by itself. As he's losing consciousness, he hears zither playing a song that forever engraved in his soul.

_-_-_-_-_-_

Jiang FengMian sedately walk into Jingshi. As expected, Lan WangJi is sitting by the writing table. His children and both young masters are enjoying the tea and scenery under the garden gazebo.

"A-xian still sleeping?" ask Jiang FengMian when he arrives.

"His spiritual energy is still low. It was nothing sort of miracle that he's awake and about yesterday." Inform Lan WangJi while writing.

"What are you writing?"

"Poetry,"

"How could you write poetry in situation like this?" ranted Jiang Cheng unsatisfied with Lan WangJi. Lan WangJi merely stare at Jiang Cheng.

"Jiang Cheng, he have the freedom to do whatever he deems appropriate." Jiang Cheng reluctantly nodded at his father's admonished. "I'm sorry that I have nothing to offer as help. We even intruded into your private quarter."

"It's unsafe to leave Jingshi. His barrier is the best protection," it's left unsaid that Lan WangJi preferred Wei WuXian to be in Jingshi.

"Do you know what is causing him to lost consciousness?" Jiang Cheng curiosity get the better of him. He pretends to be aloof of Wei WuXian's condition, but who is he trying to fool.

"Fever and low spiritual energy caused this condition." Lan WangJi glance at Wei WuXian, "Better to ask him." gracefully he stands.

Jiang Cheng following his fellow disciple's movement towards the bed. "What are you doing!?" ask Jiang Cheng as Lan WangJi pull Wei WuXian to rearrange his position into lotus pose.

"I'm transferring spiritual energy," Lan WangJi deadpan.

_____________________________________

Extra scene (filler... maybe)

"HanGuang-Jun ... Do you mind to teach me a song that you've play this morning?" Jiang YanLi approaches the young master Lan.

" ..."

"I heard you're very good with zither ... Could you teach me a song to play?" Jiang YanLi asked, eager to learn the melody. Besides, she's curious to know more about the young man that seems close to her adopted brother.

"Which song?" Lan WangJi relented.

"I don't know the title, but it's so beautiful," Jiang YanLi rest a finger on her chin as she tilted her head slightly "You've played the song earlier today." she clarify further after she realised that Lan WangJi is waiting for more info.

"Inquiry or Clarity ?"

"I've listen to both before ... The song I'm talking about is a song that I've never listen to before. It's neither happy nor sad,"

"Must be that song," comment Wei WuXian amuse, as he observes Lan WangJi reaction.

"Do you know that song too, A-Xian? Who compose the song?" Jiang YanLi eagerly asked.

"I know how to play the song but I'm sorry, shijie ..."

"Why you are sorry?" Jiang YanLi blinks for a few times, "I can't learn the song?"

"The song's composer composed it for ... his love," explained Wei WuXian softly.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know," Jiang YanLi quickly apologies then she halted and look at Wei WuXian confusedly. "Then ... How did you know about the song? You said it was written for his love?" Wei WuXian only smile beautifully at his sister.

It is a smile that literally brighten up the day for Lan WangJi. It is also quite contagious, that his jade visage melting slightly to make way to a soft and content expression. An expression that didn't go unnoticed by everyone there. Knowing that he's the sole reason the Jade of Gusu Lan Sect, Lan WangJi is smiling, Wei WuXian only can laugh heartily.

Hearing the tinkling laugh of his beloved, make Lan WangJi feeling bold.

The night, deep in the clouds is a bit cold
As if the bright moon and the cool breeze are winding around the heart,
Gazing through the snow by myself,
Gazing into the past of my whole life,
The Emperor's Smile of Gusu,
Buried in snow, preserving the taste of best years,
Sound of zither echoes in Jingshi,
Playing a song of Inquiry but answered by no soul,

Are you still asking?
Asking about all the frenzies of people since the ancient time,
And who is there far away?
Asking again about black and white, how much praises and blames are of the old friend,
How can it be forgotten?
The promise we made in the deepest clouds that will follow you till the end,
And where are you now?
Facing each other, I will not forget,

The bright pearl of this world named the light holder,
Known by everyone to be wherever the chaos is,
Yet he refuses to forget,
Everything he had experience in his life,
Avoid worldly affairs lives up to its name,
Yet it is hard to avoid the madness of love and hate, right and wrong of this world,
Sound of zither echoes in Jingshi
Playing a song of Inquiry but answered by no soul,

Are you still asking?
Asking about all the frenzies of people since the ancient time,
And who is there far away?
Asking again about black and white, how much praises and blames are of the old friend,
How can it be forgotten?
The promise we made in the deepest clouds that will follow you till the end,
And where are you now?
Facing each other, I will not forget,

Are you still asking?
Not about the frenzies of people since the ancient time,
And who is there far away?
Not understanding how the black and white, the praises and blames are measured,
How can it be forgotten?
Seeing how gathering, separate, yet only you I do not forget,
You are right next to me, I hope you've been well since we last met

_

_____________________________________

A/n - Please vote & comment

Published (12 October 2019)
1207 words