Ch 67 - A Desired Break

A/n - Without further delay, another chapter.

'abc' - thought

Abc - previous scenes.

Abc - illusion scenes

Abc - current scenes

<abc> - spirits conversation

___________________________________&_&____

Wen Ning tilted his head to the side slightly, an interested look on his face. "Now that we're talking about it, Wei-Gongzi ... Whenever you were in a fight, you always didn't draw out a sword." Pointed out Wen Ning, as if he's talking about choosing suitable head accessories for an outfit.

'Wen Ning in a dire need of serious talk,' Wei WuXian was about to jest of the fact Wen Ning was with him, but he freeze, and blinked and pivoted to look at Lan WangJi in surprised.

'What are you talking about?' It took a few seconds for Lan WangJi to make eye contact with Wei WuXian. It takes another second for Lan WangJi to realize that he's listening to Wei WuXian's inner thought.

A blink was the only outward reaction that Lan WangJi also heard Wei WuXian's thought. 'The link established itself?'

Wei WuXian shrugged his shoulders, 'I have no secrets to keep, will it bother you?'

'Could it be ... Because we've done this previously?'  Miniscule frown lines were marring Lan WangJi's forehead.

'Ah~ XuanWu Cave? By the way, why does Wen Ning need a serious talk?' Wei WuXian asked curiousness peaked as he waited with an eyebrow raised.

'He keeps telling your stories.' Wei WuXian had to hold his breath and count to ten. He's well aware of Lan WangJi's green-eyed streak, yet it always strike him unexpectedly.

'You can't blame him, Lan Zhan,' Wei WuXian drawled mentally, a fond smile adorned on his face.

'He has no rights,' Lan WangJi stare coldly at the oblivious Wen Ning. He was merely ignorant of the true situation he had put himself in, whenever he runs with his mouth.

Concentrating once again to the elders, Wei WuXian smiles amiably, trying to be obscure. That careless remark made by Wen Ning had formulated another riddle with missing clues.

'They will be like hound dogs ... Especially ChiFeng-Zun,' warned Lan WangJi.

Mischievous sparks in Wei WuXian, "Why do I need to draw out a sword when Bichen always blocks any attacks that comes my way?" His argument was plausible, but the way he uttered it with such pouty tone and innocent look made silent alarm bells tolling in their elders' heads.

'Do we even going to disclose ...' trying as hard as he is, Lan WangJi still can feel dread crawling under his skin.

'The Most Forbidden Self guide to be a Yiling Patriarch.' Wei WuXian cackled inwardly 'According to Lan QiRen!' Lan WangJi can't help but look at Wei WuXian with a mixture of disbelieved and frustrated. He should have foreseen this coming.

Apprehensive with Wei WuXian's logic, 'Don't overexert yourself,' reminded Lan WangJi pouring some tea into cups. Chamomile fragrance wafted to the air, soothing and calming.

'I'll have to count on you to fall back on, Lan Zhan,' announced Wei WuXian,  acknowledging the facts he will be making a mess. They barely able to collect pieces of the missing puzzle and another riddle was thrown to their faces.