Ch 43 - It's a race! (part 2)

A/n - I'm back and ... Continue reading 🙈🙉🙊

There was a moment of silence and Lan Zhan return. Wei Ying followed Lan Zhan's movements anxiously around Jingshi as he shut all the doors and windows.

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying called out hesitant to move from the bed. Wei Ying observed for a moment, head tilting in considering movements as he leaning at the edge of the bed.

"I reactivated the arrays." Explained Lan Zhan as he shed his outer robes, approaching Wei Ying.

"Protection arrays?"

"Mn,"

"We're in Cloud Recesses ... " frowned Wei Ying standing up. Lan Zhan paused from untangling his jade for a second and resumed as he still refused to look at Wei Ying.

"Jin GuangShan nearly rape you while you're in Cloud Recesses. Days ago, you were injured because Wen Chao easily entered Cloud Recesses." Hanging his belt on the back of a chair beside the bed, Lan Zhan quickly shed layers of his garments.

"Lan Zhan ... things happen all the time. I'm still here, breathing by your side." A faint half-smile appeared on Wei Ying's face as he voiced with quiet certainty. He was about to say something else when a pair of honey brown eyes stare at him. Wei Ying almost fell back on the bed at the unveiled swarm of emotion that made Lan Zhan's honey brown eyes blaze.

"I've realized that I love you, when I found out you were missing." Wei Ying wondered idly if somehow he's dreaming. "When brother told me about the demised of the Wen clan remnants that was under your protection, I went to the Burial Mound to look for anyone who might be safe or any signs of you."

Afterwards, only A-Yuan's presence hold me to the reality. A-Yuan become my focus or else, I don't know what might have happened." Wei Ying heard several versions of this stories from others, but tonight is the first he heard from Lan Zhan himself.

"Thank you, Lan Zhan ... for your unconditional love. I don't know what I've done to make you love me like this."

"You came into my life." asserted Lan Zhan, his arms wrapped around Wei Ying.

"I didn't know that you can be so ... poetic, Lan Zhan." tease Wei Ying, poking lightly at Lan Zhan's chest, trying to allay the mood a little bit.

"I can be many things for you, Wei Ying. My life become meaningful ... after I met you."

"Lan Zhan," whispers Wei Ying, his eyes prickling and his throat choked up.

"Wei Ying ... will you make my life more meaningful by marry me again?" Lan Zhan wiped the tear that escaped from the corner of his eyes.

"Yes, of course ... only you ... only you made me feel secured. Only you made me believed that no matter how broken I am ... I'm still worthy of something."

"You're too precious to me to be unworthy, Wei Ying," murmured Lan Zhan.

"Then, you'll ask for my hand from uncle Jiang soon? Do we get married before shijie?" Wei Ying curiously asked. Lan Zhan smirked amusedly at the excitement on his lover's face. Suddenly Wei Ying gasped worriedly, "What about your uncle ... Maybe we need to explain things ... Or let him get used to us being together before we officially get married?" suggested Wei Ying.

"You don't have to worry about all that," Lan Zhan placates Wei Ying.

"But ... Lan Zhan, it hurts to know that uncle was disappointed in you because of me,"

"How people could say you're cruel or evil when you're this emotional?" Lan Zhan asked rhetorically and Wei Ying perks up with a mischievous smirk.