Ch 78 - Silver Linings

Waking up and feeling the soft and warm bedding made Wei WuXian sigh. Peeking his eyes open, he recognised the room he shared with Jiang Cheng for their accommodation in Nightless City.

It was never as Wei WuXian imagined.
He was pregnant once, but he swears it was never this difficult. Granted he was preoccupied with surviving with the Wen remnants deep in the Yiling, on Burial Mounds. He also obviously remembered the handicaps he had gone through without his golden core, even without the pregnancy.

He wasn't an expert in getting pregnant and having to go through with it. It suffices to say, he at least should know what to expect. He can't find out the reason his stamina is so weak after he conceived. He needs to figure out the reason to be able to find the solution.

To top it all, the Wen - father and son, are both getting on their nerves. The elder Wen trying to get to him, for whatever it was, better to leave for mystery. Meanwhile the younger Wen, quite bizarre with his sudden protest over Lan Zhan's betrothal.

'I beg to differ ... What does he see in Lan Zhan that he was so against our betrothal?'

'Did I miss that previously because I'm too worried about Lan Zhan's silent behaviour after his Cloud Recesses had burnt down?' Wei WuXian longingly looks at Jiang Cheng, Jin ZiXuan and Lan WangJi having a small talk over warm tea.

A prickly feeling somewhere in his chest gave him a sour taste in his mouth. Wei WuXian tried to regulate his breathing, but the prickly feeling persistent.

"Lan Zhan,"

Jiang Cheng glanced at the bed, to see Wei WuXian sitting on the edge. He continues to look curiously, as Wei WuXian keep staring at his covered feet.

"Wei Ying?" Lan WangJi called to prompt Wei WuXian.

"Was Wen Chao your past affair?" asked Wei WuXian softly.

Jin ZiXuan sprayed his tea in front of him once he heard the question. "Wei WuXian!" Jin ZiXuan's hacking sound filled the chamber for a minute.

"Jin Zi Xuan, that's gross!" Commented Wei WuXian. He was grateful Jin ZiXuan didn't spray Lan WangJi too. He chances a glance to Lan WangJi.

"We never have any conversation before the lessons in Cloud Recesses. I did know how he look as we've both attended a few meetings."

'Then, it's one-sided?' A frown marring upon Wei WuXian's eyebrows and he started biting on his lip as his fingers fiddled with the tail of his sash.

"What nonsense are you spouting off after you woke up? If I'm the one who needed to go looking for your sorry ass, I would have cut your legs already," scolded Jiang Cheng on behalf of Lan WangJi, as he was sure Lan WangJi didn't get offended by the nonsense from Wei WuXian to get angry.

"I never intend to be all over the place," huffed Wei WuXian indignant at the accusation. "I'm easily out of breath to be walking around for long, I'm not going to get engaged with that peculiar father and son,"

"Rest assured, it's not your fault, Wei Ying," Lan WangJi brought a cup of tea for Wei WuXian, which he took with a grateful smile. After a few sips, Wei WuXian changes the topic of their conversation. He rather not linger on such unhappy thoughts.

"When are we going to be looking for XuanWu? It should be about now, right?"

"It's today," grumbled Jin ZiXuan. His throat was feeling scratchy. Wei WuXian nodded as if confirming some facts.

"Wait ... You've already taken away the sword that sealed XuanWu. Won't it go on rampage long ago?"

"I borrowed your sealing technique. It must be weaker now,"