Ch 30 - Unexpectedly (part 2)

A/n - Hello, we meet again! This chapter might be a bit disorders ... Without further ado, enjoy 😉

"HuaiSang, I need you to go back to the inn and tell HanGuang-Jun that I need WangJi."

"Now?"

"Yes, now scram!" Wei WuXian turn the unsure young master around and give an extra push to move him along.

_-_-_

"Where are you going? I need to add more accessories ..."

"This much should be alright. I'll be there right on time ... or they could take it slow." with a wink and a wave, Wei WuXian left. The talismans that he set up around the city had been triggered mostly around the main gate. There's another place which had been triggered, but it's few compared to the one coming from the main gate.

Nearing to the main gate, Wei WuXian jump up on the three - storey restaurant's rooftop to get better view and perception. At least 20 fierce corpses and their ... Nanny? Each fierce corpse was chained and put on leash.

'Those fierce corpses will be released?' Thought Wei WuXian worried. He'd left Suibian with Lan WangJi. Forgetting the fact that he could use his golden core.

Wen Chou smirks confidently at the fierce corpses his father deployed to create disturbance. His father told him to make distraction for him, so he can utilize his plan.

Whichever plan that is.

In truth, he never care what his father planned to do. As long as he can enjoy his life, he doesn't mind to make distraction once in a while. It's quite fun to see those fierce corpses make others quivering in fear, screaming in terror.

Wei WuXian take out his flute. Taking a deep breath and making sure his position is well hidden, he started playing one of his melodies composed specially for those bunch of corpses. Halfway through, Wei WuXian noticed those corpses had slow down and stopped. Before he finished the melody and completely control them, a roar was heard.

'Wen Ning!?'

Just as Wei WuXian thought about the timid young man, he heard a crash below. After the dust settled down, a figure came out and Wei WuXian's blood turn cold.

'I'm so stupid ... How can I forgotten about him. Wen Ning is easily affected by yin metal.' Wei WuXian berated himself. In split second, he change his melody slightly to aim for Wen Ning. Unexpectedly, he didn't need to try for long. This bunch of corpses not so strong, so it's easily defeated by Wen Ning.

_-_-_

Lan WangJi take out his zither and listen avidly to the flute melody. The sound akin to the wind blowing through a hole, wild and uncaring. The melody could be heard for a while, unpleasant, but it serve its purpose.

"There are fierce corpses here," mutters Lan WangJi.

He grabs his guqin, when suddenly the melody changed.

'It's slightly soothing instead of aggressive, meaning he's trying to subdue...'

"Wen Qing, where is Wen Ning?" Asked Lan WangJi still concentrating over something far.

"He's not here?"asked Wen Qing just realised of her brother's absence.

"He wasn't here when we came back from the lake."

"Let us pray your brother is with Wei WuXian. It'll be troublesome if he fall into Wen RuoHan's hand."

_-_-_