Ch 84 - Laying Low (pt 3)

A/n - Rushing with ideas ... need to revise. Impart some ideas you think might inspire me. 😅

How long they had been sitting under the tree was unknown, but when they finally moved, the sun was setting. They just broke out from the cave, staying longer might wager them being found by the Wen scouts.

"Let's go. They must have been worried about you," poker face as ever, no one could argue that Lan WangJi had any sliver of concern for Wei WuXian. They managed to break out but a few of them sustained some injuries albeit not too serious.

"They should know that I'll be alright," muttered Wei WuXian, as Lan WangJi was pulling him up. "Cultivators often got hurt ... We're not invisible, which of course you know,"

"There's a difference between having the knowledge of your capabilities and witnessing your true strength," reminded Lan WangJi nearly inaudible.

"Getting knocked up and affecting my golden core doesn't help much to support the facts that I'm not as fragile as your uncle's favourite tea set," countered Wei WuXian humourless and his tone sounded darker. With his back on Lan WangJi, Wei WuXian continued to snicker as he dragged himself through self-defamatory. Lan WangJi's frown gets deeper albeit minuscule.

Leaving Qishan, they were entering Yiling as soon as possible. Without their swords, they had to be on foot and the lack of provision diminished their perseverance little by little. Groans, moans, threats and complaints had accompanied their journey. Whenever it's too quiet, a question or comment from Wei WuXian will spark others into a debate which often than not, ended in Jiang Cheng scolding his shixiong.

After two hours, they stopped to rest and tried to scavenge some wild fruits and herbs to fill their stomachs and attend to minor injuries. As they're scattered around the small clearing, Wei WuXian decides to meditate while Lan WangJi plays out his role as a direct descendant of Lan.

Falling deep in meditation has become like second nature for Wei WuXian. It's important to monitor his mental strength and spiritual energy regularly. It has become necessary to be able to assess his condition mentally, spiritually and physically after he was confirmed to bear a child.

With his golden core affected badly at the beginning of his pregnancy, not that he'll be able to compare with his previous experience, Wei WuXian is anxious to be able to have access to his golden core once again soon. He's well aware he's venturing into an uncharted area of life and knowledge. He consoled himself that at least his golden core was still where it belonged.

. . . . .

"Lan Zhan," Wei WuXian was calling but ignored by the second Lan Jade. It's easy to find a group of disciples clad in light blue attires amongst golden, red grey and purple sea. It's easier to locate Lan WangJi as he's wearing his fully white garments. Although he didn't bear any official title such as 'HanGuang-jun' yet, there were a few things that he needed to impart to his clan disciples.

It's been decided earlier that Lan disciples will be returning to Cloud Recesses to alert Lan elders. The other two clan heirs, Jin ZiXuan and Nie HuaiSang also agreed to return to their own homes. Meanwhile, those smaller sects had chosen to follow the YunMeng Jiang disciples, seeing as they're much more friendly, compared to the other three main clans.

"Lan Zhan," Louder and accompanied by a whiny tone, Jiang Cheng, Nie HuaiSang and even Jin ZiXuan turned around to find out the reason Lan WangJi didn't answer Wei WuXian's calls. At a glance, they have their answer.

"Wei WuXian, it seems your fiancé was talking about some matter with the Lan disciples. Can't you cut him some slack?"
Jiang Cheng heaves a breath in facing his adopted elder sibling's fickle attitude which he used to deal with.