Ch - [filler] Story Telling Time 3

"That's right ... We should help people in trouble," Zi Qing stands and loudly announced his beliefs. His peers look at him in new light, while his seniors nodded in agreement. Jiang FengMian and Madam Yu exchanged meaningful look.

"Yes, we should live our lives righteously with good values as our guide. As cultivators, we should be able to protect other lives too." Jiang FengMian added his own thoughts. There is no harm in giving out one or two lessons whenever it deems necessary.

"You are going to continue with your story?" asked Madam Yu. Wei WuXian look at Lan WangJi inquiring something silently. Everyone's attention immediately were focused on them.

"Just spiel to your heart content, Wei Ying." Assented Lan WangJi almost immediately. Wei WuXian nodded understanding but he still have his doubts.

"There's 'WangXian' ... also A-Yuan,"

Jiang YanLi and Jiang Cheng look at each other. They had chosen to sit together with their parents while Lan Zhan was strumming on his zither.

"WangXian ...?" Madam Yu whispered to herself, unintended for others to hear.

"Umm ... It might have something to do with their memories." answered Jiang YanLi just to ensure her mother not totally in the dark regarding Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi.

"Wei WuXian claimed A-Yuan as his son, right?" Whispered Jiang Cheng his gaze transfixed on his adopted brother. Jiang FengMian and Madam Yu exchanged their own glance behind their children. That's something new and unexpected to their knowledge.

"Those are yours as much as it's mine." Lan WangJi remarked, thinking that Wei WuXian was being ridiculous. There's no WangXian or A-Yuan if you separate both of them. Their stories have to mingle together for them to cross each other paths.

"There were parts of my story and your story that totally different ... Lan Zhan," Wei WuXian biting on his lip as he mulling over his next steps.

"Xiǎo Báitù recovered but not long after,
Liè Quǎn, accompanying by Hú Lijīng started become aggressive to the orphans living by the town's outskirts. They were given choices either to join Sèláng or continue being harassed by Liè Quǎn. One day, Liè Quǎn tried to take Yan Zi. Xiǎo Báitù distracted them while he asked Jiang Zi to run with Yan Zi. In all the chaos, Yan Zi was sent to have shelter with Kong Que's family. Jiang Zi was hurt and Xiǎo Báitù was missing as the aftermath. Meanwhile, it turn out that Sèláng was trying to take over many lands surrounding the town. He even sent a group of people to burnt down the hill where Xùn Shòu was staying. Even Zhǔ Rèn's family's business nearly thrashed if not because of his older brother, Da Jiang return with Shang Jiang."

"Xùn Shòu tried to search for Xiǎo Báitù while helping his brother, Shang Jiang to rebuild the town's business and defence structure. Jiang Zi decided to be one of the new town's pillars. The other pillars are Da Jiang, Shang Jiang and Shang Wei. One day, Xiǎo Báitù return with LǎoNiang and ZhōngWèi after many months of absence."

"Unknown festered fear into many of the town's residents. ZhōngWèi's fighting ability and LǎoNiang's healing expertise create discord. Xiǎo Báitù spent most of his time with ZhōngWèi and LǎoNiang instead of Yan Zi and Jiang Zi and incidentally the newcomers were dislike. Yan Zi never once turn her back on Xiǎo Báitù, but Jiang Zi suspicions getting obvious. Xiǎo Báitù's insistence on continuing having interactions with the newcomers often and longer made Jiang Zi jealous and angry. The three of them becomes distance as Yan Zi having to deal with her marriage preparation, Jiang Zi busy with his commitment to the town's defence and Xiǎo Báitù appearance in the town becoming less."

_-_-_

3rd POV

"You don't have to tell if you don't want," said Lan WangJi, turning his head slightly to look at Wei WuXian whose face marred with sadness.