718

Advice Request
This person is struggling with friendships.

Answered Submission
Hello,
If you look at the human race as a whole, it is completely undeniable that the human race is a species that lives in a society, forming multiple relationships with other people.

And it is understandable that you think you would need to have friends as well. There are a lot of reasons as to why people have friends but that does not mean that you should force yourself to have one.

You don't want to get yourself involved with someone that is only going to hurt you just for the sake of having friends. Forming a long lasting friendship with someone might be hard sometimes but you can try forming friends by searching for people with similar interests as yours.

But, the most important thing is that you are happy. Yes, generally people have friends but not all people are built the same. If you are happy to be by yourself, it is completely alright. It is okay to not have close friends or best friends as long as you are happy.

Having platonic friendships is almost similar to having a lover. You don't force yourself to have one just because society expects you too. Have one when you're ready or when you think, "Oh, I really wanna be friends with them."

I wish you all the best.

Love,
The Advice Column Team