641

Advice Request
This person wants advice on whether they should tell their friend how they feel.

Answered Submission
Hey!

From what you've said, he might have liked you back when you were flirting, but there is no way for us to tell for sure whether he likes you or was just playing around with you. Feelings are a fickle thing; they come as quickly as they go.

People tend to seek sexual intimacy even in the purest of relationships, so him wanting to get intimate was normal. On your part, not wanting to get intimate so quickly was also a normal reaction. Taking it slow is a reasonable precaution so that you don't rush anything and do something you might regret later.

I suggest that you meet up with him again and talk about that night. Talk about your feelings towards him and about the future. The only way that he will know how you feel is if you tell him. It sounds easier said than done, but don't wait too long. Like I said, people's feelings are a fickle thing, they're constantly changing. Whether or he likes you or not, I wouldn't want you to regret not talking about it, so do it before you lose your timing.

You're in a tough situation, but you've been very brave so far. Regardless of how your talk goes, be glad that you had the courage to speak up about your feelings. I wish you good luck because you'll definitely be needing that.

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team