672

Advice Request
This person is having difficulties in discovering their sexuality.

Answered Submission
Hi there, hope you are well.

I think that it’s a great thing that you are discovering your sexuality and who you are, and just because it’s hard to figure out doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing.

Unfortunately in this world, some people aren’t accepting of who we are which is an incredible shame, and if your parents can’t accept you for who you are, then that’s on them. You shouldn’t have to live in constant fear of hiding who you are.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter that you’re still unsure of who you like. Personally I don’t think it’s an easy decision for most people; even I still struggle with the thought of it all but that’s okay. There’s not a ticking time bomb that is forcing you to have an answer before it goes off.

If you like boys? Fine. You like girls? Fine? You like both? Fine. You like neither? Fine. You don’t care what they are? Fine. You’re not a bad person because of who you love, and it doesn’t matter if you haven’t been in a relationship yet. Life is all about experiences and someday you will experience love. It just doesn’t have to be right now and there’s nothing wrong with that.

If you want to experiment with your feelings, and see who you truly like, then that’s okay. Just remember that some people already know who they like and don’t want to be messed with. However, some people will be happy to let you explore who you are and your sexuality with them.

I hope this puts your mind a little more at ease; you shouldn’t feel like there’s something wrong with who you are for simply trying to discover who you are.

Hope you’re staying safe out there.

With love,
The Advice Column Team