792

Advice Request
This person is falling back in love with their crush but they also love their current boyfriend.

Answered Submission
Hey!

There’s only one positive solution to this situation and it is that you should put distance or completely cut off your relationship with A. Now this is also because it’s wrong to continue talking with someone you have slight feelings for while you’re in a relationship with someone else and especially since you don’t want to grow deeper feelings for A, you need to cut it off completely.

Religion isn’t the issue here while it may be the reason A couldn’t be with you previously. Right now, your romantic relationship with E is the issue. You need to be serious and concentrate only on your current relationship with E. Making the excuse of even being friends or acquaintances with A is only going to make it harder for you and could potentially hurt your relationship with E as well.

While having friends is a nice thing, in your situation, where you could potentially grow feelings for A, you need to cut him off completely. Even if he wants to remain just friends, know that this isn’t a possible solution since feelings are unpredictable. You need to let go of this vague friendship with A and focus only on your relationship with E. Otherwise you’re being very unfair towards E because they’re in a faithful relationship with you. You may have been able to work out on issues with A but that isn’t enough. Once again, feelings are unpredictable and constantly changing. So please do cut off your relationship with them and distance yourself from them as much as you can. That is the only right method in which neither you nor your current relationship with E gets hurt.

Good luck with everything, please stay safe and happy and have an enjoyable relationship!

Thank you,
The Advice Column Team