731

Advice Request
This person is a queer and they want to convince their friends to not be homophobic.

Answered Submission
Hello, thanks for writing in.

This may come across as harsh but I think you really need to question if they are your real friends or not? Being queer is perfectly okay, you’re just being you at the end of the day and if people in your life can’t accept you for being you then they don’t deserve your time. Friends do have different opinions but if friends don’t and can’t accept you for being you, then that’s wrong.

If you aren’t ready to come out to other people, that’s perfect okay because you should come out to people you trust and are comfortable with. And you need to remember that you’re you and that’s so amazing in millions of different ways. You’re absolutely valid.

Unfortunately you’re never gonna be able to make people feel a certain way about a topic whether that’s their arrogance or just their mindset, it sounds like you need to be surrounded by more open minded people in your life. There is nothing you can do to change another person’s thoughts or beliefs, that is their right anyway. But your right to exist and be queer is valid as well.

Just remember you’re not alone.

With Love,
The Advice Column Team