729

Advice Request
This person is confused whether they like this person or not.

Answered Submission
Hello!

Liking a person can be confusing sometimes but I would never overthink about my own feelings and just go with the flow. So if you are thinking about him, there is a chance that you do have feelings for him or like him to a certain extent.

As for whether you should confess or not or ask him about it, I can't really give you an exact answer for that.

Both confessing and not confessing have its pros and cons.

If he accepts your confession well, there is a chance your relationship can become something more after this. However, if he doesn't, depending on how you both act after the confession, it can result in an awkward relationship or in a rare chance, your relationship might just remain as usual even after rejection.

I know at least two people in my life where the people that confessed still remain friends (and even close friends) despite being rejected. It might be awkward at first but if you guys are really good friends, usually you'll go back to the usual in no time.

If you choose to not confess or ask anything about it, there is no risk of the both of you turning awkward. But, there will always be that one thought at the back of your mind that would keep on reminding you about your feelings for him and that might lead to you feeling uncomfortable yourself as you are bottling your feelings.

As I have said, both have its pros and cons and make it hard to choose which one is the best. But if I were in your place, I would ask myself, would I be fine if he gets together with someone else? If I answer, 'Yes, I'm fine if he dates someone else', then I would not really confess because that means my feelings for them are not that deep but that's just how I would do it.

But I do want to remind you, if you do end up confessing, if he rejects you, you have to be firm and don't let him take advantage of your feelings for him. Because I know myself how weak we can be towards the people that we like and I'd seen people 'using' this to their advantage, which will only hurt us in the end. Some people might even trash your feelings or reveal them in front of strangers or other friends. Please be careful in your final decision.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck,
The Advice Column Team.