639

Advice Request
This person is getting teased and bullied by their friend's other friends.

Answered Submission
Hey!

I’m sorry that your friendship with M is being tested by her friends. This isn’t an easy situation to go through, but you’ve been so strong until now and that’s quite admirable.

First and foremost, you have to talk to M. It would be better to do it in person than over text, but given the times we are in, a call might also be a good idea if you find yourself stuck at home. Ask her why she lets her friends bully you like that and why she sits quietly when they say bad things about you. Be wary of excuses. You need an explanation and a valid reason. If M was a good friend, she wouldn’t have let this happen. If M doesn’t do anything about this situation and doesn’t tell her friends to stop saying bad things to you, then she’s the same as them.

Other than that, you can try distancing yourself from M’s senior friends and not talking to M when they’re around her. Be careful not to let her friends get in between your friendship with M, because that is exactly what they want. Don’t talk back to them. They’ll get bored of bullying you and ruining your friendships. You can also try hanging out with your other friends, so that you aren’t constantly dealing with M and her friends.

I hope that M is a good friend who will listen to you and tell her friends to stop. However, if you get hurt by M, you need to distance yourself from her and cut off that relationship.

Hope everything goes well!

Thank you,

The Advice Column Team