55. Leo's death and A new case

First, my sincere apology for not updating religiously. 😭🤧💋
-ahsirk|jikook love

×_____×

Jungkook left the office because he received a call from Jhope. They were shocked of the news that inmate Mingyu was found dead in his jail cell this dawn. An officer discovered his body unresponsive. They called for medical assistance but he was immediately pronounced dead.

The cause of his death was immediately put under investigation. His identity was disclosed to the prosecution as they were the ones holding his case.

They launched at least three autopsies done on his dead body.

They waited for hours that the report would be released. " Here you go Prosecutor Jeon. " A pathologist handed the paper. Jungkook immediately went over, made a quick browse on the result. The autopsies showed a uniform result of them all that they found arsenic absorbed in the stomach of the deceased inmate. " The evidence is clear and conclusive. Good thing his body was immediately opened after his death as the arsenic was found in the state that it was swallowed. The dose of administered arsenic was too much.. " The doctor pauses momentarily to show some photographs taken and explained the situation in a way that might help the prosecution to their investigation. " By one application, it killed him at once. " He affirmed.

Jungkook has a case of murder before him but he has no lead yet as to who would have ordered the killing- he suspects someone though and Jhope agrees with him. They just need to gather additional evidence to prove it.

" Thank you. "

" I was just doing my job. " Said the doctor with a nod. " And doing my friend a favor. Here take this. " He added while giving Jungkook a small pill vial. Jungkook was confused. " While doing the autopsy, I found that chip inside his body. "

" Why are you giving me this? And what do you mean you are doing your friend a favor? " Jungkook was being suspicious.

The doctor chuckled. " So it's true, prosecutor does have trust issues. " He joked.

" Yes we got trust issues because people got lying issues. " Jungkook bit back. It becomes awkward, the doctor laughed nervously. Maybe it's not a good thing to act goofy around the prosecutor now, he said to himself.

" My friend said that he'll do everything to help the brothers. " Jungkook frowned mentally wondering who these brothers are. " Especially Jimin. And he personally thinks that the chip is something that the prisoner has swallowed. Maybe he wanted you to find. "

It looks like Jungkook didn't hear other things, as if he cares about that one thing that Jimin is mentioned only. " Why would he want to help Jimin? " He wanted to ask who does he meant brother, if it's Jihyun or Minho but he doubts if this man knows about Jihyun, more so if he's aware about Jimin and Minho. It seems like their relationship is not disclosed to the majority of the public yet.

" He didn't tell me about his reasons and I didn't ask too. I didn't even know who Jimin was to him despite us being friends. "

" Jimin is my boyfriend. "

" Oh. " The doctor mouthed. " I didn't see that coming. " He isn't judging Jungkook's preference, but instead he's overwhelmed with the showing of his bold side. " Don't worry my friend doesn't seem to be the type who is planning to wreck a relationship. You can breathe on that. "

" I'm not worried because of such petty thing. " The doctor was in awe. Little did he know, Jungkook used to be the jealous type. If only he knew that Jungkook got jealous of Minho the most and the fact that he's Jimin's brother would make him a laughing stock. That news was long overdue. " But I have lot of questions that I need answers. "